Monday, September 3, 2018

The Coast, Part 2

After leaving Astoria, we spent the next couple of days in Seaside and Cannon Beach.  This was by far my favorite area visited on the trip.
Seaside is a fun boardwalk town known for its sunsets.  We were in between Seaside and Cannon Beach and mostly Seaside in the evening so I have only a couple of pictures from there.  We had one of the best meals at an Italian restaurant in Seaside, but sadly (or not) no pictures.  Sunset was beautiful, even with the clouds that rolled in.
Along the boardwalk, these street lights have sea life decor like this starfish.  They are so pretty.
While Seaside is a lot of fun, Cannon Beach was the town I enjoyed the most.  It is so quaint and pretty and quite different than the other beach towns in Oregon. 
Cannon Beach's beach is well known due to its Haystack rock.  
 The beach is just beautiful!
 One thing I loved about the Oregon Coast was that you'd be in the forest surrounded by trees, and just on the other side the cliffs drop to the ocean.  It is much different than the Southern California Coast which is mostly flat with very few trees.
Cannon Beach was the only town in which I could see myself living.  Who knows, maybe some day.  

5 comments:

  1. I've always thought that if I would live along a coast, it would be one with a rocky shore with large rock islands dotting the view. I've always thought that would have to be in either Oregon or Maine, two of the handful of states I have yet to visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! My most favorite coasts are definitely the rocky ones. They are so dramatic and beautiful. We have those in Central and Northern California, but down south it's much more sandy beach for miles and miles. Which is pretty in its own right, but not as much my taste. I used to live very close to Maine. They have a beautiful Coastline too. The towns there are so quaint too. Cannon Beach reminded me a lot of the New England coastal towns.

      Delete
  2. Love your sunset photos! I'm not an ocean (sea, gulf) person, so this is my favorite way to enjoy the scenery! You have some great photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I really like the coast and some day wish to live closer to it than I do now. It's not far, but far enough that we don't benefit from its cool temperatures very often.

      Delete
  3. We loved Cannon Beach as well.. it was so beautiful. Wish we had planned on spending more time there.

    http://www.henatayeb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete