Sunday, June 22, 2008

Something to Look Forward To

My dear friend Jason has been going through a tough family time for the last week or so. It is one of those things that nothing one says or does can make it better. This post is not to attempt that in the least, but rather just to share some fun and positive things; things to look forward to...

  1. I was at Costco on Sunday and David Sedaris has a new book out called When You are Engulfed in Flames. Sounds uplifting, I know. However, he is always quite funny and it could just make you laugh. I do, however, not recommend going to Costco on a Sunday afternoon, even if you are in a good mood. I had to keep taking out my imaginary gun and shooting people.
  2. Season 3 of Weeds started last week. I know you are recording it. Nancy burned down her own house and moved to the beach with her in laws. She's now transporting drugs from TJ and Celia got arrested in place of Nancy. It's a riot!
  3. Vacation begins in 5, count them, 5 days. I know school is a distraction, but I tell you, I know I am ready for summer vacation!
  4. On Thursday you will be done reading the longest book I think we have ever read for book club, ever. You may or may not be finished with it, but after Thursday, you don't have to worry about it anymore.
  5. Friday is our staff party and I would like to offer you my DD services. If you accept my offer, you can drink yourself into oblivion if you'd like and I will make sure you get home safely...that is as long as I remember my glasses.

Keep your head up! Remember, I (and all your friends and family) love you and am here for you if you need anything.

4 comments:

  1. Im really loving that bookshelf thing.....

    I have so many little features I want to add to my blog, a-la-bossy, but am too technically lame, and maybe so is my out-dated computer.

    But anyways, one of my features that I'd like, is a list of kids books recommended by my son.

    If you get a breath, or maybe after Thursday, or after the party on Friday, or after sleeping in on Saturday...or, you know, whenever, could you please email me how to do that bookshelf?
    thanks :)

    and, fwiw, my mom, grandma j, is very excited about your green bag experiment, especially after her sham-wow did not woo her satisfactorally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWW! Thank you so much! Obviously I haven't been reading blogs very often the past couple of weeks because I missed this one completely until today, Saturday.

    I appreciate it very, very much.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I can't wait to read When You Are Engulfed in Flames.

    ReplyDelete