Today is (now) officially the first day of MY summer break! I’m relieved the curriculum work is done and look forward to some time to re-energize without worrying about school. However, as my first day of break, I’m left wondering WHY ON EARTH I am up at 7:30 in the morning. As far as I’m concerned THAT must stop immediately. For now, though, some time for a Saturday 9.
On a side note, my friend Jlo is a Justin Timberlake fan. She even boasts that she was a fan back in the day when he had long, curly locks, looked to be about 15, and sang in *N Sync. She’ll enjoy this post.
1) When was the last time that you got dressed up, or to borrow from Mr. Timberlake, "fixed up to the nines?" Hmmm, I can’t remember the last time I was dressed to the nines…prom? I like to dress nicely, but “the nines” isn’t really my thing.
2) Justin Timberlake is known for his threads. Do you try to keep up with fashion trends? I’m not as concerned about it as I used to be. Thank goodness jeans and cute shoes are still in style.
3) While on tour, Justin has a cigar roller on call so that he and the band can enjoy a "gentleman's club" atmosphere back stage. Do you enjoy the smell of a good cigar? I wouldn’t say I enjoy the smell, but I think it’s more tolerable than cigarettes.
4) Justin appeared on Star Search when still in grade school, and he's been working ever since. Did you work when you were a kid? I did chores for an allowance as a kid and babysat in the neighborhood when I was old enough.
5) JT has appeared several times on Saturday Night Live, a show that premiered before he was born. Who is your most favorite ever SNL cast member of all time? I’m not a regular watcher of SNL, but I’d have to say Adam Sandler and Jimmy Fallon. Although I like the old-school cast like Billy Crystal and Steve Martin. I did see JT’s “Dick in a Box” from when he he hosted SNL, and it’s pretty funny.
6) Justin is a very good golfer (6 handicap). Will you play this summer? I’d rather dress to the nines.
7) A round of golf requires hours outside in the elements. Have you ever endured a painful sunburn? The days of going to the pool or the beach slathered in baby oil caused many a damaging sub burn.
8) When they were young, Justin dated Britney Spears. Obviously, it's been easy for him to keep up with her successes and problems over the years. Do you wonder how one of your exes is doing? No, not really.
9) Ever since his days with N'Sync, Justin Timberlake has supported music education. Did your grade school offer music classes? Yes, the school had once a week K-3 music and 4-6 orchestra or chorus. I tried my hand at the violin, but it didn’t go well. Songs? I think we learned Mary Had a Little Lamb right off the bat but I don’t remember the other songs.