This week's Saturday 9 song is a fun one. I actually listened to Shaggy (along with Maxi Priest) back in the 90s. Reggae-fusion is good for the soul.
1) This song is a rather shameless come-on by an accomplished ladies' man. Do you enjoy flirting? Hmmm, I don't think so. I find that I'm not particularly good at it when it counts.
2) Shaggy sings that he's like a turtle coming out of his shell. Do you think turtles, snakes and lizards make good pets? Or would you prefer a companion animal that has fur or feathers? I do not think reptiles make good pets. I like turtles, but not as a pet. Furry animals are best, preferably a dog or a horse.
3) He also sings that if you don't feel like driving, you should hand him the keys. Are you comfortable letting others drive your car? I don't mind at all.
4) He tries to woo the girl with the promise of a bubble bath. Do you enjoy relaxing in the tub? Or do you view baths and showers as simply part of your hygiene routine, like brushing your teeth? Baths (tied with yoga) are the least relaxing relaxing-thing I can think of. I find them boring and kind of gross - who wants to sit in their own body-water for any length of time...blech! Who has time for that!?!? And maybe because I've only ever had a regular size bathtub I don't know how to keep both my knees and my boobs covered at the same time. Showers are my preference
5) Born Orville Burrell, Shaggy took his stage name from his shaggy hair. Using your hair as inspiration, what would your stage name be? Ha! Having a mind of its own wouldn't be a very good stage name.
6) Sam admits she hadn't thought about this 20+ year old song in years, until she heard it on a Chase Bank commercial. According to the Federal Reserve Bank, checkwriting dropped more than 50% between 2000 and 2010. Who received the last check you wrote? I wrote a check recently to the contractor who repaired/painted my home's fascia. I also wrote one to the groomers. I so rarely write them anymore. I pay, when I can, with my cell phone or credit card, quick, quick, quick. This afternoon at the grocery store I was behind a woman who paid by check and it quite literally was a 5 minutes process between her writing it, then the checker checking ID and writing the info on the check, and then sending the check through the register, and then the woman having to fix the check because she wrote the two amounts on the check differently. ARGHHHHHHH!
7) Which would you prefer to receive in a birthday card: a $25 check or a $20 Target gift card? I've got a bday coming up, so either is fine. ;)
8) Sam's mother refuses to pay bills online. All the news stories about data breaches scare her. Have you ever been hacked? If so, did it take long to get the situation resolved? I've never had an issue with my online banking (knock on wood) and it is so easy. I have had my credit card number used on fraudulent purchases on a couple of separate occasions. The cc company always took care of it without hassle, other than waiting for a new card and having to change any billing information.
9) In 1995, when this song was popular, Michael Jordan "unretired" and returned to the Chicago Bulls. Tell us about a decision you made that you wish you could undo. Recently, I wish I could undo the decision to be a teacher a lot more often than I ever used to.