Monday, December 25, 2017

Mele Kalikimaka

It's been so long since I've written (I won't even bother explaining beyond being busy takes the writing right out of you sometimes).  Anyhow, I'm in Kona for the holidays this year.  Here are a few fun/random photos...
 Pololu Valley Look Out - Near the northern most tip of the Big Island (Hawaii)
The first two days of my visit had rain and more rain.  Once it cleared up, things were beautiful and left two of the volcanoes (Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa) with snow on them.  
It is just beautiful!
A cattle egret that visits my mom's backyard every so often.
 Sunsets from the house.
 The Hawaiians are such jokesters!
 Sunset at Rays on the Bay
 The hula girl hibiscus, which is my favorite of them all.

I hope everyone is well and had/is having a very Merry Christmas!

9 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to see you're still among the living! These are beautiful photos and it always fascinates me to see tropical vistas with snow capped peaks in the background. :D

    I hope you're enjoying your holiday in paradise and getting all rested up for the second half of the school year. Has it gotten better?

    Love that hibiscus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still among the living, but not so much the awake. Looking forward to catching up on sleep (and with blogging friends) over the next two weeks.

      Delete
  2. Happy Christmas.
    Lovely sunset, looks warm too.
    I had to look up VOG.
    The Hibiscus looks really lovely. I've seen them in Kew where they here 20 foot bushes filled with blooms. They were from Trinidad I believe. I suppose they are the same level.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya know, I’ll have to ask or look up sometime what, if any plants, are actually native to Kona as it’s all lava. The beautiful flowering plants are found in the landscaping elements in backyards, hotels, centers, etc. I’m not sure what actually grows here on it’s own.
      The Vog is a more recent event, since the volcano has been more active. When we first started coming here it wasn’t a thing, but volcano was very quiet then. It makes everything hazy...like LA used to be before the crackdown on all the emissions.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful photos and hope you had a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great place to spend Christmas! Great to hear from you. Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete