Wednesday, May 13, 2009

About Wild Animals, Sensitive Republicans, American Idol, and Computers

So, a little bit of this and a little bit of that...

Spring is a time of nature around my house. Every year wild animals encroach on my space and it always creeps me out a little bit. This year is no exception. A cricket has moved into my garage and is driving me crazy. "Chirp, chirp, chirp..." Ugh! I don't know if you have ever tried to locate a cricket before, but let me tell you, It. Is. Hard. I also have a dove who has nested in the beams of my front porch. Yah, I don't like the birds very much. The birds that come to live at my house tend to come to an early demise. I don't know if my roof or beams are too steep or slippery, but for some reason they fall out of their nests and die at my house. Ick, I get the willies just thinking about it. So, having this bird raising a family on my front porch makes me very nervous. I am frightened that I will walk outside to get my mail and find a bird family who has fallen to their death. Keep your fingers crossed that my new birds survive the spring.

A week or so ago, I posted about trying to refinance my house in this economy. My friend "Republican Mortgage Guy" called me up after reading my post. You see, he's a sensitive guy and felt that his name, "Republican Mortgage Guy" had a negative tone. He also wanted everyone to know that he was doing everything he could, but it was all Barack O'Boyfriend's fault. I apologized and told him that I would be sure to post that he is a nice guy and of course, much more sensitive than how I portrayed him in my post. He liked that idea and then proceeded to tell me a couple sexist jokes about ovens and refrigerators.

I just finished watching American Idol tonight. I don't know if it is just me, but I'm unimpressed with all of them. Chris is kind of blah, Danny is a good singer, but I'm not a big fan of his genre, and I really don't care for Adam (sorry Cheri) because to me everything he does sounds like he's in a musical. I don't really care who wins. Do you?

I'm in the market for a new computer. But shhhh, don't tell my current computer. It has been a wonderful computer, but it's getting older and starting to show its age. I want to get a new one so I have time to get transfered over to a new one before the old one dies. If you know me, you know this has been a process because I plan and research and plan a little more before I make a purchase like this because I'm afraid I will get it home and be unhappy with it. I know the computer I want, but I'm debating the whole Vista issue. I haven't heard many good things about Vista and what has been good has really been, "Oh, it's fine." or "My computer has some issues, but I'm not really sure if it's Vista or the computer." Vista is really the only option on most computers right now, but the computer I want does come with the option to get XP installed (which I currently use and have no problems with) on the computer and also get the Vista disks to install at a later time if I'd like. It's a more expensive option...of course it is. So I'm debating if I should get the option or not. Does anyone have an opinion on this choice? (G-ma J, I hear you on the laptop thing...have one now, the new one will be too.)

7 comments:

  1. Cricket? They are lucky and eat other insects. As long as he's in the garage, let him be. (notice I made it a "he")

    Go laptop. They are better, take up less room and you can use it as a stationary PC (plug all your stuff into it) and take it with you when you travel, or just want to sit outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm. Maybe I should call the friends that have been calling me "Left Wing Liberal Nut Job Mommy" on their blogs? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. DON'T GET VISTA. Get XP. Insist on that! (Seriously.) I got a new computer a year ago and it was a PAIN finding one where I could get XP but I held my ground and I'm SOOOOO glad I did. My good friend who is an IT guy told me NOT (under ANY circumstances) to get Vista. He said there are FAR too many bugs with Vista.

    2. Tell Republican Mortgage Guy not to be so sensitive. I have many family members who are Republicans whom I love very very much. Just because you're a Republican does not mean you're a nauseating windbag like Limbaugh or a venomous blonde like Coulter. There are many compassionate, thoughtful Republicans out there. Unfortunately, none of them are currently running the party at the moment which is why those of us who are young and intelligent are leaving in DROVES....

    3. AI: Adam is the best singer, but he totally creeps me out. I always feel like I've been in a seedy nightclub singing a weird musical theater drag revue show after I've seen him sing. But DANG (!!) the boy can sing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS: Your birds will be fine. Just ignore them and they will thrive.

    We have an issue in our backyard with a Coopers Hawk swooping down and getting the chipmunks. He (she?) has decimated our yard (which is heavily wooded) of the entire chipmunk population, which makes me very sad. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember when that dead bird was staring back at you in that planter box in your back yard. That was fun.

    And for the record, that republican mortgage guy is a really great person, and also for the record he believes in gay marriage.

    I hope Adam Lambert wins because I want my new wife to be happy, and since Adam is also Cheri's husband, if he wins then maybe he'll get rich and share the money but travel all the time so I can have Cheri all to myself. Well, besides Kate. And Tom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I DO care who wins. I do not want ADAM to win. He screrams and breathes too deply for me. Plus, he gives me way too much a run for my money in the over dramatic department. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Get the XP option. Vista sucks and I hear on the moldy grapevine that MS is working on a new better version... but I cannot substantiate (sp?) those rumours.

    ReplyDelete