I don’t know why I keep doing these dumb posts. I don’t think
all my readers really care for them as I only get 1 or 2 comments. Since I blog to get comments, these posts sometimes seem pointless. However, this week I made a really yummy meal and I want to share it. Please still comment.
As I’ve mentioned before, sometimes I really miss the Italian food that I used to have on the East Coast. Every-so-often I am on a mission for some really good pasta.
The last couple of weeks, I’ve been craving Chicken parm - chicken parm with pasta and chicken parm sandwiches. I love it but even though it’s not too hard to make, it’s just messy and fried. This weekend I experimented with it and boy the experiment turned out great! Slainte!
1/2 cup finely crushed stuffing mix
3 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
1 tbsp dried parsley
1 tsp curry powder
1 tbsp Italian-style seasoning
3 tbsp butter
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (sliced into 8 thinner pieces)
8 thin slices of mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a shallow dish combine the stuffing mix, cheese, parsley, curry powder and seasoning. Mix together.
3. In an 8x11 baking dish, melt the butter in the microwave.
4. Dip the chicken breasts in the stuffing mixture, coating both sides of each breast and place in the baking dish.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, then turn chicken pieces over and bake for another 20 to 25 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. (While the chicken cooks, start the marinara sauce to serve with it.)
6. If you like your chicken crispy like I do, place under the broiler after the regular cooking time. The chicken will brown up and become crispy.
7. Add a slice of mozzarella cheese to each piece of chicken while still hot.
8. Serve chicken over pasta or in a toasted roll. Cover with marinara sauce.
Simple Marinara Sauce
6 tbsp olive oil
1/3 cup diced onion
2 (14.5 oz) cans stewed tomatoes
1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
4 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
3/4 cup white wine
1. Heat the olive oil in skillet and then add the onions. Cook for about 2 minutes. Turn of the heat. Remove onions from the oil and add to the food processor. Set skillet with oil to the side for later use.
2. Add Italian tomatoes, tomato paste, chopped parsley, minced garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper to the onions in the food processor. Blend until smooth.
3. Heat up the skillet again and add the blended tomato sauce. Stir in the white wine.
4. Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Yum-my! Chicken Parm with pasta for dinner. Chicken Parm sandwiches tomorrow for lunch. Yay!