- Tonight was my book club’s monthly meeting/holiday party. We had a great time gossiping, eating, drinking, and exchanging our favorite kitchen utensil gifts. Oh, and we talked about the book for about 5 minutes. After everyone left, every fiber of my being wanted to just go to bed and leave the clean up for the next day. But really, waking up to a messy kitchen from the night before is the worst. I sucked it up, cleaned the kitchen, dining room, and living room. It felt like the dishes multiplied, but alas it’s finished, and I can wake up to a fresh start.
- There is one more week left before winter break. If this past week was any sign, I foresee this next week to be just about the slowest week of my life. Ugh. The kids are pretty high, and I’m pretty tired. I hope I make it.
- Last weekend, I did a little Christmas shopping and have come to the realization that I am the worst Christmas shopper in the whole world. I left the house with a list of items to purchase and only came back with half of them…because I forgot to buy the other half. I drove right past a couple of stores on my list and couldn’t remember to stop there. I did, however, come home other things that were not on my list, for me!
- Also, I wrote my Christmas cards over Thanksgiving. Since then, I have gone to the store three times with stamps on my list and all three times walked out of the store without them. At this point, it will be a Christmas miracle if I can get those cards sent out before New Years.
- Our temperatures the last couple of weeks have been cool. As a matter of fact they have been quite a bit lower than our normal. I am loving every minute of it. It actually feels like (almost) winter! There are two things about it that I don’t care for though…First, washing my hands at school. I wash my hands almost a million times a day because of those germy, touchy 2nd graders. Most of the water faucets at school don’t have hot water. With these cooler temps, that water is COLD. When I started this point, I had two things to share, but it’s past my bedtime, and I can’t remember the second thing. If I remember, I’ll add it.
- Happy Friday!
Shop Small Y'all!
5 hours ago