This week’s Saturday 9 even though it isn’t Saturday anymore…
1. What was the last event or situation that got you really excited? I’m in Santa Ana this weekend spending some time at the Artist’s Village with some amazing and talented artists. With the start of the new school year it’s been crazy, and I almost forgot I was going. So when this weekend arrived I was very excited!
I’m also really looking forward to
swooning over the Dave Matthew’s Band concert two weeks from tonight.
2. How old were you when you started working and what was your first job? There was neighborhood babysitting when I was about 13 or so. At 15, I started working at Red Lobster as a hostess. A friend hooked me up with the job, and it was always a joke that I worked there because I can’t eat seafood. Guests would ask what I recommended, and I’d say, “The chicken.”
3. Tell us about your grandparents. I only knew my grandmothers. My dad’s dad was an alcoholic who passed away a few months before I was born, and my mom’s dad passed away a few months after I was born. My paternal grandmother abandoned her family when my dad was very young, so the grandmother I knew from that side was actually a step grandmother. I knew her as a beautiful person, but she and my grandfather were not the best of parents to my dad and his step sister. That past effected their relationship, but I never saw that side of her.
My mom’s mom was probably who I was closest to as a kid. She reminded me of an old-school Hollywood starlet with closets full of shoes and furs and hats. I’d spend weekends with her, and I remember sliding out of bed because of her satin sheets. I thought she was so glamorous. However she drank and smoked heavily after my grandpa died and ended up in a hospital bed in our living room for many months when I was in junior high school due to emphysema. After a short stay in hospice care, she passed away. The last few years of her life were not glamorous at all.
4. Do you procrastinate or are you usually on top of situations? No, I’m not a procrastinator. I’m usually ahead of situations.
5. What would others say about you? Hmmmm, that would depend on the person. But the people who know me best would probably say I’m a considerate, hard working, funny/fun, sarcastic, efficient, impatient, opinionated, and a very fast driver.
6. Do you believe in life on other planets? I have no idea.
7. When was the last time that you were called too thin? The last time? Ha ha, I’m still waiting for the first time.
8. Do you work out? Have you ever joined a gym and quit almost immediately? I work out in some way just about everyday. In college, I signed up for the gym but just didn’t like it very much. I’m not a fan of walking or riding a machine. It’s so boring. I’d rather walk somewhere. Right now, I walk with the dog about 3 miles each day and, if I can fit it in, do the Jillian Michael’s Shred video which KICKS MY BUTT.
9. Do you feel that you utilize all your intelligence in every situation? Huh?