It's supposed to be 104+ over the next few days which is making it very hard to motivate this Saturday morning.
This week's Saturday 9 song inspiration is Train's Soul Sister.
1) The video was shot on a street corner in Echo Park in central Los Angeles. If you saw a film crew making a video in your neighborhood, would you stop to watch? Or would you just keep walking? Living in the Valley, just outside of LA, someone is filming something ALL THE TIME. It's not really a novel thing here. In fact, for the last two weeks the liquor/convenience store across the street from my school has been closed and restyled for filming. It's kind of a pain with traffic and people milling around. So to answer that question...unless George Clooney is there, I keep walking.
2) The singer says he remembers his girl in every dream he dreams. Do you remember if you dreamed last night? I don't remember most of what I dream...if I dream. Every so often I'll have some wacky dream, and I remember that. But most of the time, I don't dream.
3) The band Train is from San Francisco. Have you ever visited The City by the Bay? I love visiting SF. In fact, I'd like to be there now as they rarely get as hot as we do down here.
4) Lead singer Pat Monahan got his start in a Led Zeppelin cover band. Can you name a Led Zeppelin song? Stairway to Heaven, Fool in the Rain, When the Levee Breaks, Ramble On are some of my faves.
5) In doing research for this week's Saturday 9, Crazy Sam discovered a publication called Trains, The Magazine of Railroading.What's the last magazine you flipped through? I subscribe to Vanity Fair, but tend to read it on my iPad when I travel. They still send me an actual magazine, but only sometimes do I flip through it.
6) Do you consider yourself a leader or a follower? It depends on the situation. In my job, I tend to be a leader. In my personal life it's a mixed bag. The important stuff I feel the need to be in control. The small things, not so much. I'd actually rather be a follower for that stuff.
7) Scholars tell us that "To be or not to be" is Shakespeare's most quoted line. Give us another one. "The lady doth protest too much, methinks."
8) How do you listen to music on the go? Car radio? CD changer? iPod/mp3 player? Your phone? My car is like a 100 years old so I don't have anything fancy like blue tooth or usb drives. I was in a rental car a couple of weekends ago and I was shocked at all the electronic options available. I did have a new car stereo installed about 7 years ago that lets me attach my iPod (from inside the glove box). That's what I listen to in the car. If I'm traveling but not in the car I have music on my iPhone.
9) Are you a convincing liar? No, I'm not. (Did I convince you?) I can white lie to people I don't care about pretty well. Otherwise, I'm not terribly convincing as I wear it all over my face. Although, I will admit texting makes those white lies easier.
Happy Saturday! It's time to brave the heat...wish me luck!
A literary evening
3 hours ago