1) The song refers to the singing of choirs. Have you ever been in a choir or a vocal group? I have not. Singing in the car is one thing, but no one wants me in their choir.
2) Chris Martin sings of when he "ruled the world." If you were in charge and had infinite power, what would you change right away? Oh, there are so many things! I'd stop summer (and its over 100 degree heat) right this minute and make it fall. When I'm driving, I want everyone else to get out of my way, and if I were in charge they'd have to. Oh, and if people didn't use their turn signal when they should, their driver's license would be revoked! And I'd have Donald Trump's mouth sewn shut and donate all his money to education. And that's all just from barely thinking about it. I could go on and on.
3) Chris used to be married to actress Gwyneth Paltrow. USA Today, The Washington Post and The Daily Telegraph have all run articles about how Gwyneth seems to annoy so very many people. What celebrity gets on your nerves? Ya know, I find it weird how much HATRED people have for her. I guess people think she's out of touch, but what celebrity/public figure isn't, really? I'm not a fan of celebrities who are celebrities for no reason. The Kardashians, the Hiltons, whoever. If you're only famous for being infamous, it shouldn't count.
4) Coldplay's first big hit was, "Yellow." What color are you wearing right now? black top/bright blue bottoms
5) Sam remembers when she used to hear this song everywhere and can't believe that was 7 years ago! When is the last time you had a similar "my, how time flies!" moment? All the FREAKING time. Just today my grade level team and I were walking to lunch after school and occurred to us that this is my 4th year at my current school. In some ways it feels like I've never been anywhere else, but it's also crazy to think that move was 4 years ago!!!
6) In 2008, when "Viva la Vida" was popular, John Grisham's latest legal thriller, The Appeal, was jumping off bookshelves. What have you read this summer? Just Tuesday night I finished The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry. It was a wonderful book, but I cried and cried and cried at the ending. Finishing just before 11PM, I was a mess afterwards and couldn't fall asleep. I'd still highly recommend it, but maybe plan on finishing it during the day time, on the weekend. I've also read a couple of Sarah Vowell and Liane Moriarty books. The Goldfinch was started over summer break, but it's a lot to trudge through. I've got to have it finished for October, so took a little break for The Storied Life...
7) Thinking of books: Let's say a biographer has taken the task of writing your biography. What would you title your life story? Why Does She Have a Biography: A Not so Exciting Story :)
8) 2008 is also the year Paul Newman died of cancer. Name a Newman movie. Cool Hand Luke
9) Random question: Do you like garlic? On a scale of 1-10 I rate garlic 100!