1) This song was originally performed in 1966 by a Jamaican band called The Paragons. Jamaica is the most popular vacation destination in the Caribbean. What's your ideal vacation? My favorite traveling is to visit new places and really explore. I don't mind a tour here and there, but I prefer to just wander with a map and my camera. And I like to be in a place for multiple days, not rushing off to the next after only a few hours. While I do love the ocean, tropical locations are not my cup of tea. It's too hot and humid, plus I can only do beach "activities" for about 15 minutes before my skin starts to sizzle. I prefer the cooler ocean life, further away from the equator.
(2) In this song, Debbie Harry sings that she's not the kind of girl who gives up easily. How about you? Do you hang on stubbornly? Or do you know when to say "when?" Oh, I'm pretty stubborn and can hang on for a long time. However, I am also quite self aware and know when its not getting me anywhere. When it's time to tap out, I tap out.
3) Blondie is a group that took it's name from the lead singer's most identifiable characteristic, her hair. If your band was named after your hair, what would it be called? Hmmmm, Blondie?
4) Before her career as a singer took off, Debbie supported herself as a waitress. She even served drinks while wearing bunny ears and tail at The Playboy Club. Have you ever worked in food service? Yes, hostess, waitress, and bartender. Tending bar was one of my favorite jobs ever!
5) Debbie points to David Bowie as a major influence on her music and career. What's your favorite Bowie song? "The Man Who Sold the World" and "Ziggy Stardust"
6) In 1980, when this song was popular, the best selling issue of Rolling Stone featured Robert Redford on the cover. Who is your all-time favorite actor? Oh, I don't know. It's not Robert Redford though.
7) In 1980, Ted Turner revolutionized how we watch TV when he introduced CNN. Do you have any subscriptions services in addition to cable -- like Hulu, Amazon Prime or Netflix? I have Amazon and Netflix. The streaming service from Amazon is an added "bonus" as I pay for Prime for the free 2 day shipping and the the free books. I don't watch it too much, but there are a couple of shows "Bosch" and "Catastrophe" I looked forward to returning each April.
8) John Lennon was murdered in 1980. Today there's a specially landscaped section of Central Park called Strawberry Fields in his honor. If you had a day to spend in New York, what would you want to see? I'd want to go to Canal Street for some handbag shopping, nearby Little Italy for a nice meal, and then a show, maybe Hamilton. :) Of course that's a fantasy because you can't get tickets to Hamilton in NYC without taking out a second mortgage on your house. However, I friend of mine just texted me last night that we have tickets to see Hamilton when it comes to LA in September!!
9) We're going shopping! Which do you need to add to your wardrobe: underwear, shoes or a swimsuit? Shoes, I always NEED shoes.Happy Saturday!