This past weekend I had some friends over for dinner and made these super yummy, super easy brownies for dessert. I saw them on pinterest, but the link associated with it is a pot website – no they are not magic brownies! Although I guess you could make them as such.
So I came up with the ingredients based on the picture I saw.
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Brownies
1 box brownie mix – I used Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate
1 set of brownie mix ingredients – i.e. egg, water, oil, etc. Check package for exact.
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup peanut butter chips
1/4 cup chocolate chips – I used dark chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a 12 cup muffin/cupcake pan (or two 6 cup pans) with cooking spray.
2. Prepare brownie mix as directed on package. Evenly distribute mixture into cupcake pan. Fill each cup about halfway.
3. Bake brownies in preheated oven for about 15 minutes. Oven times vary, so use a toothpick to check – slightly wet means they’re done.
4. While cooling, tap on the middles of each brownie to make them sink.
5. Heat peanut butter in the microwave for about 40 seconds, or until melted.
6. Spoon peanut butter into the sunken centers of each still warm brownie.
7. Sprinkle peanut butter and chocolate chips over the tops.
8. Let cool completely before removing from pan.
I was a little worried about getting them out of the pan. I ran a knife around the edge of each cup and they popped right out. Made 12 brownies.
They were really very good. Writing this post made me hungry for one. Too bad I sent the leftovers home with my guests.