Time for a Saturday 9!
1) How did you meet your best friend? We rode horses together. I think I was 6 when we met. Shoot, that was a LONG time ago!
2) Mother Winters used to say she loved all us kids equally, but at various times she liked one of us more than the others. Does your "friend ranking" ever shift? Or is the person you think of today as your best friend always #1? Hmmm, I have a handful of really good friends who I know I can count on. I’d say they rank the highest.
3) What makes you a good friend? I’d do anything for my friends and, not to toot my own horn, but I’m pretty fun. :)
4) Think back to your childhood -- what games did you and your friends like to play? This would actually be funny post in itself…since most of my childhood was spent at the barn, we played a lot of crazy (dangerous) games with our horses after the trainers went home. I don’t remember all the “rules” but the worst one had something to do with one of us galloping past the others standing in the arena trying to yank us off our horse. Thinking back, I don’t know how no one got seriously injured. Those horses were saints. When we weren’t flinging each other onto the ground, we played a lot of Barbies and board games like Life and Sorry.
5) Would you rather lose your hair, or the little toe on your left foot? (Yes, you must commit to giving one up.) Oh that’s totally easy…a toe! There are plenty of cute shoes out there to cover it up.
6) Think of the phrase, "like nails on a blackboard." What is your least favorite sound? I don’t like nails on the chalkboard but that’s kind of an outdated sound isn’t it. I also get chills when someone folds a piece of paper and runs their fingers over and over the crease. Not sure if it’s the sound or the visual of that, but I don’t like it. Car alarms are also pretty irritating, especially the one that has 4-5 sounds continuously repeating. Does anyone even care about a car alarm going off anymore?
7) Do you add fabric softener to your wash or place a softener sheet in the dryer? I have sheets, but I rarely use them. I think I forget about them.
8) Showtime, HBO, or neither? Both, I watch more cable than anything else.
9) Have you ever fired a gun? No, I have not. There is a gun in my home, hidden in the closet, but it is not mine per say. I sometimes think I should learn how to use it, if it’s ever needed. But, who am I kidding, I can’t even look at it, let alone pick it up and shoot it.