1) The Battle Hymn of the Republic was played at St. Patrick's Cathedral, during Sen. Robert Kennedy's funeral. While both of Bobby's older brothers were decorated war heroes, he served too -- enlisting in the Navy in 1943. Are you a veteran? Are there veterans in your family? I am not, but I come from a family full of vets. My dad was in the Navy, my maternal grandfather was in the Army, a cousin was in the Air Force, another cousin in the Marines, and a great uncle (on mother's side) was in the army and killed in World War II.
2) Memorial Day also kicks off the summer season. What's your favorite picnic food? I'm looking forward to summer fruit - peaches, plums, grapes, and cherry picking time is just around the corner!!!
3) Name a scent that reminds you of someone special in your life. Tide
4) When was the last time you had your hair cut or trimmed? It just so happens I had my hair cut on Tuesday.
5) Crazy Sam runs on Dunkin'. Are you loyal to a particular brand of coffee? I prefer Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf over any other, but the closest one is across town and not on the way to most places I go, so I can't be too picky. I like what I make at home and I can do Starbucks, which by the way, I pass about 5 of them on my way to work.
6) If money was no object, what home improvement would you like to make this summer? I really want new floors and I've been saving and saving for them. The problem is, getting new floors means I have to pack, like I'm moving, and the thought of packing up my house sounds so very unappealing I haven't gone any further than thinking about it. I also have a never-ending battle going on with my backyard. I'd like to do something with that, but I don't know what or even where to begin. Maybe over summer break I'll find some time to tackle one or both.
7) What was the last thing you bought purely for your own enjoyment? Art supplies, shoes, and I get my nails done every 2-3 weeks, that's it I think.
8) When was the last time you rode a bike? It's been awhile. I've lived on the top of a fairly steep hill for about 8 years, a hill that isn't conducive to a bike. So it's been at least that long.
9) Sam worries that many of her song selections reflect her decidedly Baby Boomer sensibilities. Is there a song or a performer that you'd like to see featured in a Saturday 9 this summer? As long as it's not country music, I'm easy.