Wednesday, January 1, 2014

ANOTHER Year Gone By

Happy 2014!  This time of year, many bloggers reflect upon the past year.  I always find that kind of difficult.  Even with keeping a calendar of the year things were pretty mundane this past year without many steep peaks or low valleys (thankfully).  So instead, here is my final calendar page for The Kathryn Wheel’s Calendar Challenge

stuff 414 
And a year in review…
stuff 415
 
stuff 409 
stuff 390 
stuff 384 stuff 375
stuff 374  stuff 351Hmmm, somehow I ended up with two Aprils and no May.stuff 076

stuff 343 copy  
stuff 309
stuff 273
I celebrated New Year’s Eve with an early movie and dinner.  Then, in bed recuperating from international travel before the ball even dropped East Coast time.  I had big plans to be productive today, but instead I think I may recuperate a little more on the couch, reading or watching TV.  Tomorrow, I will be ready to face the new year, I promise.

For now I leave you with a quote shared with me…

May your coming year be filled with magic and dreams and good madness.  I hope you read some fine books and kiss someone who thinks you’re wonderful, and don’t forget to make some art – write or draw or build or sing or live as only you can.  And I hope somewhere in the next year you surprise yourself. – Neil Gaiman 

Happy New Year!

11 comments:

  1. I love how you have done your calendar, very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quote!
    I have your t-shirt for staying in bed today :)
    I earned mine yesterday for working out...then ran in my 3rd annual NY Day run this a.m.

    I just don't want to go back to work...enjoying this non working routine too much!
    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's only my first day of staying on bed on vacation, so I'm not quite sure if I've earned it yet...but I still have a week off after this one, so I might. :)
      I agree, not working is way more fun!

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year.

    Are they doing that exhibition of the journals like last time. You know I just realised I've not seen so much actual script in years. Everything is via the keys nowadays.

    Glad you are back safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Sketchbook Project? I believe they are still doing it. I didn't participate this past year though. It was a lot of pressure getting that thing finished by the deadline. They aren't coming to LA this time around as they trade off between LA and San Francisco each year. Maybe I'll try again this next year, or maybe not. :)
      Yes, thank you, home safely, just tired.

      Delete
  4. I hope you had a wonderful New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year! Back from Santa Barbara and resting up. To say I worked hard is an understatement. I helped pack and spent a lot of time with the boys, keeping them out of the way during the move. I was glad to come home for the rest, but had a great time with the grandsons. The weather was fantastic as usual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meh, the weather is nice, but may I remind you it's winter! :) I went for a walk at 9:00 am in a t-shirt, already 74 degrees.
      I'm glad you had a good trip. Moving is so stressful. I'm sure they were glad you were there helping with the kids.

      Delete
  6. Kimberly,

    I hope you plan to continue this project, but I worry that this is the end of the line for you. I know you were disappointed last year, but I would like to encourage you to keep with it. Why? Because I always LOVE what you do. It's fun to see each month, but seeing them all together was sensational eye candy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouragement. It wasn't that I was disappointed with the calendars, more like uninspired with getting going, thinking of new ideas. I've thought about sitting down and making a new one for Jan, but I've been working on some other projects and haven't yet. I've still a week off, so there's still some time to get going. :)

      Delete