1) Popular music has produced almost countless groups, but not that many duos. Besides Sonny & Cher, can you name another? Oh yes, Simon and Garfunkel were a great duo. I'd say they top Sonny and Cher.
2) Hearing this recording from his clock radio is how Bill Murray woke up every morning in Groundhog Day. What woke you up this morning? The alarm clock. I'm so afraid that I will sleep through music so have the clock set to alarm. It's such a terrible sound. When I hear that sound any other time, like on TV, it makes me cringe.
3) When she was growing up, Cher practiced her autograph for when she became a star. Is your signature legible? Or is it more of a scrawl? It used to be big and flowery but now that I so rarely write in cursive, it's a scribble - more like two capital letters and then some lines.
4) In addition to show biz, Sonny & Cher had many careers: Sonny was a restauranteur and politician, Cher is an interior designer. Would you like to try your hand at any of those professions? Wouldn't it be fun to be an interior designer?!?! I already am one in my head. I just wish I had the funds to make it all happen. As a night owl, I think I'd enjoy a restauranteur's work hours.
5) In 1965, when this song topped the charts, Sonny and Cher were as famous for their wardrobe as for their music. Sonny was fond of tall, heavy-heeled boots while Cher often paired granny dresses with bare feet. What's on your feet right now? My feet are naked! In the summer, I'm usually in flip flops around the house, but I've misplaced one of my favorite pairs so I went without rather than find another pair in the closet. So they're bare, with pink nail polish of course.
6) By 1968, their career crashed. Cher's early attempts as a movie actress failed, their records stopped selling and the IRS came after them for back taxes. Have you ever been audited? I answer this question with a serious knock on wood...No, I haven't and I sure hope I haven't jinxed it. The IRS takes about half of paycheck so I don't know what they'd audit...I should audit them!
7) In 1971 they were on top again with their TV show. But their marriage was coming apart. Sonny said, "For the last 5 years I worried about our career, not about us." Have you ever been guilty of putting career before relationship? Definitely do all the time.
8) By 1972 they were living separate lives -- in the same house. For the sake of The Sonny and Cher Comedy Hour, they pretended to be happily married another year and a half. Tell us about a time when you pretended to be happy, but weren't. I'm not a very good actress so do not pretend very well. I wear my emotions like a sandwich board, so pretending to be anything is not in my wheelhouse.
9) While their separation and divorce were bitter, they resumed their friendship when Cher showed up at the opening of his restaurant in 1976. Have you ever made the first move in repairing a relationship? Sure have. I don't have any problem admitting to being wrong and am willing to eat crow to repair a relationship I may have damaged. On the other hand, I can be a bit of grudge holder so don't always put forth the effort to repair relationships when someone has treated me badly.