- I forgot my regular glasses when I went away last weekend to the DMB Caravan. I had my prescription sunglasses, so was able to see until it was dark. After that, the stage, the screens, the fans were just blurry blotches. As much as I am used to my glasses, times like these make me curse my nearsightedness. I have watched movies and driven home at night wearing my sunglasses because my regular glasses were left at home. I’m getting awfully tired of it. As I sat “watching” the concert I seriously contemplated lasik surgery. That’s a pretty big deal because the whole idea of lasers on my eyes kind of freaks me out, but my frustration level of not being able to see when I forget my glasses is starting to outweigh that fear.
- Avitable recently wrote a scary post that I wanted to be sure to share. The things people are able to do via the internet is frightening. We’ve all heard about cyber terrorism, but this hits a little closer to home as it’s happened to a fairly regular person and was done for no reason other than to be mean and ugly. It makes me wonder if all this blogging and facebooking and everything else we do online is just playing with fire. It also makes me wonder how people can be so hateful. How can an act like this ever even occur to someone?
- Signing in to Blogger is driving me CRAZY! Is anyone else still having trouble? A few blogs only let me comment if I’m signed in via my blog first. Other blogs give me error messages if I’m signed in before posting the comment. Some blogs won’t let me sign in while leaving a comment so the page keeps loading and loading without ever posting my comment. What’s going on?!?!
- I’ve got a sticky ‘K’! There must be a piece of paper, staple, dust, something underneath my keyboard Typing is difficult. Since both my first and last name have a ‘K’ in them, signing in to anything online is becoming a bit of a problem.
- It cooled off during the day into the 80s this weekend. Dropping into the high 50s/low 60s at night is the best part. To be able to open the windows in the evening and air-out the house is wonderful. I know we are in for another hot spell or two – it’s only September for goodness sakes – but I’m enjoying it while it lasts.
4 hours ago