Sitting in the Oakland Airport half way to my long weekend destination. Apparently my next flight is delayed an hour and thirty minutes, make that 2 hours and 30 minutes. Thankfully there's (intermittent) free wifi. A Saturday 9 will distract me.
1) "Live and Let Die" was nominated for an Oscar as best song. Do you have a favorite movie song?
What a hard question! There are so many good songs and I'm having a hard time differentiating whether they were written for a movie or just in a movie. Maybe Simple Minds' "Don't You Forget About Me" from The Breakfast Club or "Iris" by the Goo Goo Dolls from that angel movie that had a good soundtrack but wasn't a very good movie. I know there are plenty of greats out there, but those are two that I still have in my playlist today. Can't wait to see what others pick.
2) The latest Bond movie, Skyfall, is crazy successful. Have you seen it/do you want to see it?
As a matter of fact I did see it last weekend. I enjoyed it. It explained a little bit of JB's past which was interesting.
3) What do you think makes Bond movies so enduringly popular? Being a fan of spy movies is why I like them plus they're fun. To be honest I've only seen the more recent ones, maybe the last one or two of Pierce Brosnan's reign and then all the Daniel Craig movies. The effects in the newer ones are so much more realistic than those before them. Frankly, the older ones were just a bit too corny for my taste.
4) Do you have a favorite among the actors who have played "Bond, James Bond?"
Since I've only watched two actors portray JB, I'd have to say I do like Daniel Craig. Although Sean Connery is a great actor, so I'm sure I'd like him too if I watched his movies.
5) Bond orders martinis -- "shaken, not stirred." What's your regular drink order?
I haven't had an alcoholic drink in so long, that's such an unfair question! I'd love a glass of Malbec, or an ice cold Corona, and a blended margarita too.
6) Moving from the bar to breakfast -- do you have a favorite cereal?
I don't like cereal. Actually, I don't like milk so the thought of sweet, soggy grain floating around in a bowl full of it doesn't appeal to me at all.
7) Let's daydream about warm weather. Would you rather swim in a lake, the ocean, or an outdoor pool?
I love to swim so I like all three except the lake slightly less...can't see the bottom.
8) Did you get 8 hours' sleep last night?
No, up late packing so maybe 5.5. Honestly though 8 hours of sleep during the week is a rarity.
9) What are you wearing on your feet right now?
Return of the Summer Craft Project Headache
5 hours ago