Friday, August 23, 2013

Easy Lover

My 80s music taste tended (tends) to lean towards alternative, however I was a big Phil Collins/Genesis fan.  Imagine my surprise that he is the Saturday 9 musician this week.  I freaking love this song!

1) This song is about a heartbreaker who just can't commit. Have you ever fallen for an "easy lover?"  That term doesn’t really make sense to me, but ya I guess so; Heartbroken over the wrong person anyways.

2) This song is one of Crazy Sam's "earwigs." Each time she hears it, it bores in and stays in her head forever! Do you have a song like that? Barbie Girl by Aqua, the rap in What a Man by Salt n Pepa, and Bad Bad Leroy Brown by Jim Croce.  Whenever I hear the song or even mention of the song it’s stuck in my head.

3) Both Phil Collins and Philip Bailey (with Earth Wind and Fire) have stars on The Hollywood Walk of Fame. Have you ever visited Hollywood?  Um, ya, I’ve been there a few times.  In fact, I’ve even gone to a couple star ceremonies.

4) Hollywood is the movie capital of the world. What's the last movie you saw in the theater? This month I’ve seen Two Guns with Denzel and Marky Mark which was quite clever, different.  I also saw Paranoia which was a good story with poor acting.

5) Phil Collins was a child actor in his native England, appearing onstage in musicals like Oliver! Can you think of another child performer who went on to entertainment industry success as an adult?  I can’t think of anyone.

6) Philip Bailey joined Earth, Wind & Fire while still in college, so he's been a performer throughout his working life, as well. Have you ever been tempted to try your hand at show biz?  Not ever!

7) Is there a profession that you never, under any circumstances, want to try?  Many actually…I could never be a housekeeper/maid because I don’t like chores.  I could never be a salesperson or telemarketer because I don’t like talking on the phone.  And I could never do anything medical because blood and guts make pass out and seeing people sick or hurt makes me sad. 

8) What are you looking forward to right now?  Winter break…is that bad? 
Actually, I am looking forward to a work-free weekend.
 

9) Do you suffer from trypanophobia (fear of needles/injections)? Or can you bravely donate blood or get a shot, without freaking out?  I don’t like anything to do with the doctor and only go because I’m supposed to.  I don’t freak out at shots but I hate every minute of it.  As badly as I feel about it, I don’t give blood.  The thought of it makes me queasy.

I’ll leave you with another fave.  Happy Saturday!

14 comments:

  1. I should know him, but I don't. But then Van Morrison was renting a house where I was designing the garden and I didn't know him either. I met a woman who introduced herself as Bono's aunt. And I went 'who'. Which frankly I don't know how I managed.
    Yes I know the music when I hear it. But I wouldn't know who sang it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Van Morrison?!?! Wow! His "Sweet Thing" and "Into the Mystic" are faves of mine. I could listen to him all day.

      Delete
  2. I agree with Roaring 40...I also don't know actors. I hope you get your weekend free of school work...I have 18 days until school begins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I was mistaken, I did have to make sub plans since I'll be out to do a training on Tuesday. But they're done now so I'm school free for the REST of the weekend. Yay!

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you mentioned 2 Guns. I'm curious about that movie. I mean, Mark Walhlberg and Denzel ... sigh ... I have dreams that start with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, most definitely. But I did like it, dreamy or not. :)

      Delete
  4. I've got Barbie Girl stuck in my head now. But I'm going to listen to the second PC video you posted so that should take care of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but now I've got that one in my head...Di Da Day ay ya!

      Delete
  5. Bad, Bad Leroy Brown came on the radio when my son and I were on our road trip a few weeks ago. He even started singing along on the chorus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That one I know all the words to and can sing it without it actually playing. Every so often it just pops in my head. It's funny how they do that, and why that one?!?!

      Delete
  6. How cool to have gone to star ceremonies. I'd love to see the stars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would never have been something I'd ever thought about doing or wanted to do, but was invited along. They were fun though. The history behind it and the reason for the placement of the different stars is kind of amusing too.

      Delete
  7. I miss living in LA mostly because of Hollywood. I'm not a stargazer, but on a cool afternoon it was a great place to hang out and shop. Have a good weekend!!

    ReplyDelete