My 80s music taste tended (tends) to lean towards alternative, however I was a big Phil Collins/Genesis fan. Imagine my surprise that he is the Saturday 9 musician this week. I freaking love this song!
1) This song is about a heartbreaker who just can't commit. Have you ever fallen for an "easy lover?" That term doesn’t really make sense to me, but ya I guess so; Heartbroken over the wrong person anyways.
2) This song is one of Crazy Sam's "earwigs." Each time she hears it, it bores in and stays in her head forever! Do you have a song like that? Barbie Girl by Aqua, the rap in What a Man by Salt n Pepa, and Bad Bad Leroy Brown by Jim Croce. Whenever I hear the song or even mention of the song it’s stuck in my head.
3) Both Phil Collins and Philip Bailey (with Earth Wind and Fire) have stars on The Hollywood Walk of Fame. Have you ever visited Hollywood? Um, ya, I’ve been there a few times. In fact, I’ve even gone to a couple star ceremonies.
4) Hollywood is the movie capital of the world. What's the last movie you saw in the theater? This month I’ve seen Two Guns with Denzel and Marky Mark which was quite clever, different. I also saw Paranoia which was a good story with poor acting.
5) Phil Collins was a child actor in his native England, appearing onstage in musicals like Oliver! Can you think of another child performer who went on to entertainment industry success as an adult? I can’t think of anyone.
6) Philip Bailey joined Earth, Wind & Fire while still in college, so he's been a performer throughout his working life, as well. Have you ever been tempted to try your hand at show biz? Not ever!
7) Is there a profession that you never, under any circumstances, want to try? Many actually…I could never be a housekeeper/maid because I don’t like chores. I could never be a salesperson or telemarketer because I don’t like talking on the phone. And I could never do anything medical because blood and guts make pass out and seeing people sick or hurt makes me sad.
8) What are you looking forward to right now? Winter break…is that bad?
Actually, I am looking forward to a work-free weekend.
9) Do you suffer from trypanophobia (fear of needles/injections)? Or can you bravely donate blood or get a shot, without freaking out? I don’t like anything to do with the doctor and only go because I’m supposed to. I don’t freak out at shots but I hate every minute of it. As badly as I feel about it, I don’t give blood. The thought of it makes me queasy.
I’ll leave you with another fave. Happy Saturday!