I haven’t done a Saturday 9 in quite some time…
1) “I’m a Believer” by the Monkees is about a guy who fell in love when he saw her face. Do you believe in love at first sight? I believe in lust at first sight, but not love…that takes me MUCH longer.
2) "I'm a Believer" is the best-selling Monkees song. Can you name another one? Not unless I look it up. I remember seeing the show in reruns in the 80s so the music is familiar, but I don’t know the names.
3) On their TV show, the boys competed for the same girl. Have you and a friend ever been romantic rivals? No, not seriously anyways.
4) In another episode, the Monkees visited the circus. If you were confident there was a good strong net beneath you, would you walk across the high wire? Oh definitely, but I’d rather do the trapeze.
5) The Monkees show originally aired on Monday nights. Do you have a favorite day of the week? Friday, duh!
6) Davy Jones guest starred on an episode of The Brady Bunch. The plot revolved around Marcia's efforts to get him to perform at the prom. Share one of your memories from a school dance. Hmmm, that was a long time ago. One thing I remember about prom when I was a freshmen or sophomore was that a senior brought his date to the venue in a helicopter. Yes! A helicopter! That same person became a California State Assemblyman…as a republican of course. ;) Oh, and a sad memory during my senior year was when a friend was killed driving home from prom with his date and his sister and her date. They were about 2 minutes away from home, and he fell asleep. After that the high schools in the area required students to go to and from prom on a bus.
7) At the height of their popularity, the Monkees' faces and logo appeared on a lot of merchandise, including lunch boxes. Which would you rather have for lunch -- chicken salad, tuna salad or egg salad? Oh my goodness all three make me want to gag. Tuna and egg and mayonnaise are probably my three least favorite foods EVER, then they go and mix them together, blech! I’ll have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich please.
8) You have an afternoon all to yourself. Would
you rather spend it at the mall, checking out what's new in the stores and people watching, or walking through the forest, observing the birds and trees and leaves? Hmmm, I could make a case for either. If it were a nice day, I’d rather be outside. If it’s hot, in the mall with the air conditioning. However, I REALLY dislike the mall so I’d rather stay home (or go to the movies) in the air conditioning.
9) Do you have a good memory for names? I think so, although I think it’s waning.