Happy Saturday AND happy February! Although it's hard to believe that we're one month down in 2014 isn't it?!?!
1) What would make tonight a good, good night? Friday night without anything I HAVE to do. Friday nights are the best day of the whole week.
2) In the song, he sings that he's got money and wants to "spend it up." How much cash is in your wallet right now? I have exactly $1.00 in my wallet. It never has cash in it, the credit card gets a work out though.
3) The lyrics include "mazel tov," which means good luck or congratulations. What other Hebrew/Yiddish phrases do you know? tchatchke, schlep, oy vey, mishegas, chutzpah, and my favorite is altakaka. My home-away-from-home family when I was in college is Jewish and therefore I was the token goy in the family.
4) The colorfully named Black Eyed Peas include Fergie (born Stacey Ferguson) and will.i.am (William Adams) and Taboo (Jaime Gomez). If you could choose a stage name, what would it be? I wouldn't go on stage so no need for a stage name.
5) This song was crazy popular in Canada, debuting at #2 on the charts. Have you ever visited our neighbor to the north? In college, we used to drive just over the border into a little town in Quebec to buy alcohol because the drinking age was 18. A few years back the last stop of an Alaskan cruise I took was Rupert Island which is off the coast of B.C. We were supposed to make the required foreign stop on Vancouver Island, but for whatever reason we didn't and visited this tiny one instead. I've not ever been to any of the big cities in Canada though.
6) When's the last time you laughed really hard? Today! Most days I have one or more occasions to laugh though - fun and/or funny is important!
7) Who received the last text you sent? My friend/work husband Jason
8) Which sounds like more fun -- skiing or skating? Well, it's NOT skiing! I never learned to ski as a kid so when, as an adult, I was put into a skiing lesson with all sorts of enthusiasm I was sorely disappointed that I HATED every minute it of it. To make a long story short, my day hour of skiing ended with a snowboard instructor crashing into me while I snowplowed down the mountain. I toppled head over teakettle, and when I finally stopped I stood up, took off my skis, and walked down the rest of the way. That was the end of me skiing. I wouldn't pick skating as the most fun thing to do either, but my answer is definitely NOT skiing.
9) Thinking of sports, are you looking forward to The Super Bowl? I'm not really a pro football fan. I don't mind going to football parties, but I do mind the party being on a Sunday. It's too hard to get up and go to the work after a party so I've stopped going. If they made it Super Bowl Saturday I'd totally be there!
4 hours ago