Sunday, April 3, 2011

March Is Over (3 for 3)

The Calendar Challenge over at The Kathryn Wheel continues, as does my participation in it.  As I’ve mentioned before, I do like keeping a journal calendar.  Even though there is no possible way I can journal every single day, the calendar gives me a quick opportunity to work in my art journal every day.   

For March I tried the type of calendar Kate (and many of the other participants) creates.  All those little squares were kind of a pain at first.  Getting the right size to fit the page was hard.  I created a gorgeous background, but most of it got covered up because my measuring seemed to be off. 
art 010Anyhow, I did love using my leftover scraps of patterned paper for the squares, and I think the colors turned out really bright and cheery.  I’m doing something a little different for April, but I’ll definitely use this format again.  Fun!  Fun!

17 comments:

  1. Love the background and the use of the left over paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the squares, it gives the page such a clean look. Really nice with the fresh green background. I used a punch for Jan and Feb pages. It had been in my drawer for years!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, your March pages are wonderfully cheery! I know what you mean about the little squares, You get some great tips from visiting other blogs, I've seen how they draw in the journal blocks in the shape of flowers etc, or stamped them. I use a one and a half inch square punch - it helps :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. once we get the summertime things have some hope.
    But how the heck do you work in Sahara type temperatures that you've got in summer. We will have on our hottest day 27 Celsius. And we wilt under it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it Pumpkin! So pretty. You are the most creative girl! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Like your March page alot. I use a 3inch punch but my book is very big x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous - the green background is fab :-) I have also learned along the way not to worry about the background too much because you're right - most of it does get covered up! Looking forward to seeing your April pages! Kate

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the green background! Very nice journal page.

    ReplyDelete
  9. FAB march page i love the bright bold colours

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice bright colours, lots of atmosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I used square post-it-notes for my dates this month - but miscalculated and only put 24 days on! OOps! I also hate covering up my interesting backgrounds so in February I put my dates on acetate so I could place them where I wanted. Each month it is a (fun!)challenge though. I love the bright colours you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful work! Lots of bright & playful colors and patterns. This calendar page ... just makes me smile :]

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the pinks and greens! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful pages, my background pages always get covered as well, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful march-pages and colors.
    Looking forward for the april pages.
    Greetings, Anne

    ReplyDelete