Monday, April 25, 2011

Tasty Tuesday

delicious3

After going to the farmer’s market again last Thursday, I wanted to make something yummy with my fresh ingredients but didn’t feel like going to the grocery to buy more things.  Found some things I had in the kitchen and made a really delicious pasta dish.  Since I just threw it together, I don’t know exact measurements so everything is pretty much to taste.food 054 Ingredients
- Linguini pasta, cooked (about 1 cup per serving)
- Olive Oil, once around the pan
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- Chopped tomatoes (about a handful per serving) – I used strawberry tomatoes (or “orgasm tomatoes” as the tomato guy calls them)
- White wine, once or twice around the pan (I used left over Riesling)
- Chopped mozzarella cheese – I just had string cheese on hand and used about 3/4 of it
- Basil, 3-4 leaves
- Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, to taste

Directions
1.  Cook linguini according to package directions.  While pasta cooks, start tomato mixture in a large pan.
2.  Heat olive oil in pan.  Add garlic and sauté until fragrant.
3.  Add tomatoes to the pan and stir.  Let cook over medium heat until heated through.
4.  Add wine and cook until reduced.
5.  When pasta is ready, add to the tomato mixture in the pan and stir ingredients together
6.  Add mozzarella cheese and a few sprinkles of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.  Reduce heat to low and stir, melting cheese into pasta mixture.
7.  Turn off heat and sprinkle with basil.  Mix to incorporate. 
8.  Serve hot.  Sprinkle with a little more basil and/or Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese if desired.

food 044

So easy yet so fresh and tasty!

7 comments:

  1. "So easy yet so fresh and tasty!" That's what they used to say about me. But that was decades ago.
    Thank God I just ate breakfast or I'd be starving right now. That food looks delicious.
    Happy Tuesday!
    m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so good. I have to find a nice Farmer's Market, or heck, even a Whole Foods or Henry's.

    Oh wait....I'm in Texas, I almost forgot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds delicious : ) and holy cow it is so pretty! I am glad you can go back to the farmers market. That place is just too wonderful for words, right? : ) Fresh is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @GJ - doesn't texas grow all sorts of things on all that farmland...or is it just beef, beef, beef?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum to the E and where can I get those tomatos? BTW add a little shrimp (cook first) and its shrimp scampi! (and maybe some heavy cream....)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love tasty Tuesday! This looks delicious, as usual.

    And Mark is officially my favorite gay blogger of all time.

    ReplyDelete