Another month down. It’s hard to believe that we are in October already. This year is flying by. Here is my calendar for The Kathryn Wheel’s calendar challenge.
September is usually a good month. I wrote and sketched about it in the background and then punched the date circles out of cardstock. My white pen started to get goopy so it didn’t turn out exactly like I had hoped.
- I’d like a do-over for September really. It was a rough month at work which had a tendency to seep into my personal life as well.
- This is ALL the creating I did this month which I think puts me in a funk too. When I pulled the calendar out on Friday for a photo I realized I hadn’t even written for two weeks. When I need to art the most is when I tend to not do it. I must stop that!
- When I lived in New England, a guy I knew used to tell me that I held grudges because I was Irish. Of course, in New England neighborhood stereotypes run rapid, and this guy is Italian so he had plenty of his own. However, I am trying HARD to get past my grudge holding stereotype. Someone who I thought had my back for the last 9 years turned out to be a backstabber for that long instead. And not just to me but to some dear friends as well – which I think made my feelings worse. My usual M.O. is to remove myself from any interaction with the person. Instead, I have put on a fake smile on my face and keep the conversation to a minimum – nothing personal since it might eventually used against me.
“Holding a grudge is like letting someone live rent free in your head.”
- My birthday is the first day of fall most years, and I’ve always found that so fitting because fall is my favorite season. That is if it ever arrives. Yesterday it was in the high 90s again.
- My closest friends helped me celebrate my birthday this year with a party. It’s funny how one group of people can laugh so much every time we get together. That laughter was sorely needed, plus there was red velvet cake. What fun!
- After more downs than up this month, I was ready to put September behind me and enjoy October when a dear friend of mine got some awful news yesterday. I can’t stop thinking of her and her family. The downs keep coming. But it’s only the 2nd day, so I’m hopeful!