I haven’t done a meme like this in quite awhile. I like them as I don’t have to think of a topic, and since it’s a Writer’s Workshop prompt…I’ll do it! Maybe I’ll expand upon one or two in future posts.
Five Things You (Might Not) Know About Me…
1. I am fascinated with the mafia. I know organized crime is very bad, but I find it all very exciting. I can’t be the only girl who fantasizes about being married to the mob…can I?
2. I don’t like to watch other people fold paper. Seeing them run their fingers over the fold, making a crease, sends chills up my spine.
3. I have extremely high expectations of people and how they respond to situations. When someone doesn’t live up to those (however irrational) expectations I take it as a personal affront. It’s not fair of me, but I do it anyways.
4. I never received an “F” during the duration of my schooling until the last semester of my senior year of college. I FINALLY turned 21 and had to register for a lecture-based computer class that started at 8:00 in the morning. Once old enough to go to the bars, I spent most nights going out that year. Needless to say, getting up for an 8:00 class didn’t happen. The easy “A” turned into a FAIL due to attendance. I was so stupid, but I had so much fun.
5. There is a gun in my house, but it’s hidden in a closet because it scares me too much to even look at it.
Five Things I Know …
1. The book is usually WAY better than the movie.
2. I know all the words to Bad Bad Leroy Brown by Jim Croce. I can sing it for you right now…just ask.
3. Ice hockey rules – yes, even icing.
4. Reading a map is quite easy for me, and I actually enjoy using a map to figure out where to go.
5. Growing up riding horses I have a wealth of knowledge about them. Facts about their anatomy, their care, equipment use, etc. have taken up permanent residence in my head. As a kid I even won awards for this knowledge.
Five Things I Don’t Know
1. How to take a compliment – Compliments embarrass the hell out me. It doesn’t matter if they are superficial or genuine. If you want to see me turn bright red, say something nice to me.
2. How to say “no”. Even if I don’t want to do it, I will because I feel bad saying “NO”.
3. How to play an instrument. - I LOVE music but do not have a musical bone in my body. Music is a foreign language that I’ve never been able to grasp. I admire musically inclined people.
4. How to pack – I worry that I’m not going to have what I need that I always over pack.
5. How to garden – I so envy people who have green thumbs. Mine is brown, just like my plants.
Five Things I Believe
1. Credit card bills should be paid in full every month.
2. Laughter is the best medicine.
3. If you want something, you have to work for it. For most of us, it doesn’t just fall in our lap.
4. It’s better to be single than in a mentally or physically abusive relationship.
5. Believing in god isn’t synonymous with being a good person, just as being a non-believer is not synonymous with being a bad person.