This has been a week! Between Halloween at school, the day after Halloween at school, and two days of kids projectile vomiting at school I'm freaking tired but happy that it's Friday...even though it's a Friday night at home because I've lost my voice. Anyhow, passing the time with a Saturday 9.
1) The Twilight Zone by Golden Earring is one of the first songs to see a bump in sales after its video was shown on MTV. Do you ever watch music videos? Does MTV even show videos anymore. I don't watch them unless someone sends me something to see on YouTube.
2) Golden Earring is from the Netherlands. The average life expectancy there is 79 years old. Who is the oldest person you know? The oldest person closest to me I believe is my aunt at 74. Come to think of it, my dad would have been 74 coming up this year. That's crazy!
3) The song's composer says the song and especially the video were inspired by the 1980 book, The Bourne Identity. The espionage thriller was finally made into a movie with Matt Damon in 2002. Do you have a favorite secret agent/spy? I LOVE espionage stories. In fact, if I weren't a teacher I'd like to be a spy. It sounds way more exciting than what I do. Ludlum's Bourne books are outstanding, and I also enjoyed the Matt Damon Bourne movies, however they are NOTHING like the books. Other than the name Jason Bourne they are completely different stories.
4) The song's title comes from The Twilight Zone TV show, which ran from 1959 to 1964. Are there any old shows that you enjoy watching in reruns? The Mary Tyler Moore Show, Dick Van Dyke, I Love Lucy, MASH are all good ones.
5) "All guys cheat on their girlfriends, so yeah, I forgive him." Sam heard a young woman say that into her phone as they waited in line at the drugstore. While Sam is always surprised by how much personal information people share in the public, that's not what we're concentrating on this morning. Do you think that it's true? Do all guys cheat on their girlfriends? Hmmmm, I think there are some guys that always cheat on their girlfriends, but no, I don't think they all do.
6) Whenever Sam goes to the grocery store she picks up Snausages because her dog looks at her with sad eyes when she tries to reward him anything else. What product has your brand loyalty? I don't know, whatever is on sale.
7) Do you have a piggy bank or a coin jar? The removable ashtray in my car is full of loose change.
8) Sam knows that she's always supposed to wear sunscreen, even on cloudy days, but she sometimes forgets. What do you know you should do, but sometimes don't? I know I should drive the speed limit and that I should be more patient, but I don't do either very often.
9) Retailers report that sales of Halloween costumes for grown-ups are strong. Since Halloween was earlier this week and there will be parties this weekend ... What's your costume for Halloween 2013? If you aren't dressing up this year, tell us about one of your favorite outfits from a Halloween gone by.
I didn't dress up this year. In years past, I can't seem to get it together far enough in advanced to come up with anything creative. For years, I dressed as a baby with pjs, pigtails, and slippers. More recently as a tired teacher with pjs, a bathrobe, slippers, and a pencil in my hair - hmmm, maybe there's a theme there with the pjs and slippers.
Happy Saturday! And I'm positively giddy that daylight savings time ends this weekend so I get an extra hour to spend in my bed!