Thursday, October 16, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me!

A couple of weeks ago, I bought some new appliances, a treat for my birthday. I have needed a new refrigerator and dishwasher since I moved into my house almost 4 years ago, but some other house needs always came up so these two appliances kept getting put on the back burner. My mom has been in town for the last month, yes that's right, a month. For my birthday, she helped me purchase a new side-by-side refrigerator and dishwasher.

I really, really like the way the stainless steel looks and would have gone with that color, but I love my stove and have no need to get a new one. My stove is white and I didn't want to buy stainless steel while having a white stove, so I bought a white fridge and dishwasher. They are by no means the top of the line, but they both give me so much more room and the fridge has ice and water at the door.

I cleaned out my fridge before the new one was delivered, so right now I have about 4 things combined in the fridge and freezer unless you count the endless amount of condiments in there. I can't wait to go to Costco and buy really big packages of things. Up until now, I haven't had any room for large bags or boxes of anything. Now I do!




Yay! I love new appliances.

9 comments:

  1. OOOOOOOHHHHHHHH! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday :)

    I love shiny new appliances!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

    Love the new appliances....I have the same dishwasher....except I replaced the front panel with RED! And it has a chrome handle....but is exactly the same inside...it's great!

    Enjoy the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How super exciting! Oh. My. Gosh! I just LOVE that feeling of brand new things to fill up : ). You are going to have such a great time at Costco! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love what you got for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooohhhh, aaahhh!
    Love them. My fridge must be the predecessor to yours, exactly the same except the ice maker is closer to the middle of the freezer.
    I have bisque appliances, harder to find and cost a bit more, but I don't like little fingerprints on stainless steel. And I am sure stainless is a fad and will date your kitchen soon. Really. FINE, I couldn't afford stainless steel appliances. Whatever.
    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAPPY BIRTHDAY PUMPKIN!

    What nice appliances! That frig will hold a ton of stuff from Costco...and think of all the stuff you can sample first!

    I love white. I'm not a fan of stainless steel at all. I have a stainless steel sink, and that's more than I can bear..I want white porcelan because the water stains drive me crazy, so I dry it every time I turn the water on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your teasing me, aren't you??

    So jealous of the new fridge!!

    ReplyDelete