Sunday, October 19, 2008

My Day

I "stole" this idea from Karen at For the Love of Pete. Her post was about a weekday, which I think would be fun, but before I do that, I thought I would document my Saturday. It was a busy one...
Saturday, 10/18/08
7:45 am Last night I set my alarm for 8:30 am. This morning, I rolled over and looked at the clock on the bedside table and went into panic mode when I saw it was 5:30 and my alarm hadn't gone off. I checked my alarm and saw that it was set for 8:30 which reminded me that it was Saturday. I whispered, "Yay!" and rolled over to go back to sleep. I must have gotten myself all riled up with panic because I had trouble going back to sleep and then woke again at 7:45 and just decided to start my day. This is how it is everyday really. I wake up, Koho jumps out of bed, I let her outside, she comes back in and goes back to sleep...lucky dog.

8:00 Worked out on the elliptical while watching Desperate Housewives.

8:45 Showered and dressed

10:00 am Went grocery shopping at Stater Brothers and mailed a package at the mail store right next door

10:30Back home

10:40 Put away the groceries and got changed into my clothes for the rest of the day.

11:30 Went to my friend Kristen's house to visit for a bit before leaving to have lunch.

11:45 Painted Emily's (one of my favorite people) nails while Kristen and I talked.

12:15 Kristen, Emily, and I went to lunch at the Olive Garden. It was a girls day out as the boys were camping with their dad for the weekend. We enjoyed our time talking about what has been going on with each of us...my job, her kids, oh and also why boys have such a fascination with their poop and "sitting" in the bathroom for long periods of time. I know gross, but true.

2:00 We went to Michaels where I purchased some crafty things to make for holiday gifts for my co-workers...Then to the shoe store where, surprisingly, I didn't find any shoes I liked, but Kristen did. Emily and I counted all the pink shoes in the store.
3:00 Stopped at Coffee Bean for a caramel blended and to read my book until my next "appointment"

3:40 Met them (my friends/co-workers) for a movie - "The Duchess" and dinner at Vivoli. We ate, drank a bottle of wine, and solved all the world's problems...at least our own little world's problems.

10:00 Back home where I caught up on some recorded TV including "Real Time" with Bill Maher.

11:30 Back up to bed, writing this post.

6 comments:

  1. What a busy day...what a cute dog.

    How was Duchess?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this whole post : ). I love the manicure you gave! I love your dedication to working out on a Saturday morning. I love your house. It looks beautiful. I really LOVE that picture over your bed. Hope you have a wonderful week! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a regular social butterfly! But you left out that part that happened before you went to Kristen's house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I know I am a loser because I've never made it to a function at your house, but I love your bedding, paint colors, bathroom tile, and everyting else!! Where is Vivioli? I'm always looking for a new restaurant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to be honest and say the idea was not mine, but Mrs. Gs at Derfwad Manor. But it's fun isn't it?
    Your house is lovely and I love your bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your house is beautifully decorated. I especially liked this post and the pictures of your busy day.

    ReplyDelete