Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Vote


(Ooooo, yikes, that's terrible. Click the picture to read the comic. It's quite funny.)
So, the election is on November 4. I am soooo looking forward to it. I am hoping change is in sight. For all of my voting career, I have done the absentee ballot thing because I have been either too lazy to go to the polls, or too busy. I sat down tonight to fill in my absentee request form and had second thoughts about it. This is the first time that I have been PASSIONATE about the outcome of November's election, and maybe I should actually go to the polls and cast my vote. Is that more of a statement than just sending in the absentee form that probably doesn't even get counted until after the election has been called anyways? Or, am I just being sentimental? Maybe you can help. I am holding my own poll (to the right). Let me know what you think. I will go with the majority, except the last one. I will vote, it's just a matter of how. The poll closes on 10/22. I need to get my absentee request in by 10/28.

2 comments:

  1. After the whole electoral fiascos the last couple of elections, I do feel a bit defeated even before I go to the polls, when it comes to voting for a new president. However, there are a couple of other issues on the ballot on which you can I and any other regular person can indeed make a difference!

    Giancarlo just watched part of the debate and he is tempted to swing over to McCain's side. What the? He said it was because Obabma and Biden say they don't support gay marriage either. I tried to explain that to him but he just doesn't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always volunteered to work the polls. Then on my lunch break, drive to my own polling place. I just love the whole hands on idea of voting. This year, I won't be working the polls here in Texas..maybe next year. I also dress in red, white and blue.

    When I saw the people of the Ukraine walking miles to vote, and then the brave people of Iraq proudly holding up their purple finger, braving violence...I say go to the polls.

    Whew! Aren't you glad you asked? Now I'm going to cast my vote in your poll :))

    ReplyDelete