Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Tasty Tuesday



This weekend a friend of mine who moved to Hawaii a few years ago was in town visiting. We got together at my friend Marcie's house for Sunday brunch. Marcie made pancakes, potatos, and "scientific" sausage. Jason made bacon, and I made an egg dish. We had a very nice time visiting, and the brunch was delicious.

(From left to right: Anna, Jason, Marcie...I'm taking the picture)

Cheesy Egg Casserole

Ingredients
12 eggs, mixed
1 cup of milk
1 can crescent rolls
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Sausage links, browned and cut up into bite-sized pieces
Veggies can also be added.


Instructions
Preheat over to 350
Spray 9 X 13 pan with cooking spray
Open crescent rolls, roll out, and lay flat in the bottom of the pan. Smush together so they cover the entire bottom.
Mix eggs and milk together
Add 1/2 cup cheese, sausage, and ???? to eggs
Stir all ingredients until mixed.
Pour into pan, over crescent rolls.
Add remainder of cheese to the top.
Bake at 350 for an hour.

Before taking out of oven, tip pan a bit to see if egg mixture is still runny. If runny cook a little longer. Cheese will be soft but will firm up while cooling.
Cool for a few minutes then cut into squares. I am told that salsa is very good on it (I don't like tomato products and eggs together).

7 comments:

  1. Yumm! My mom made that once. It's SO GOOD!

    My bigger concern is..."Jason made bacon." What a cop out! Bacon is the easiest thing in the world to make! He didn't deserve the yummy brunch he got to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks good, must try. Thanks

    #1

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love egg casseroles!!!!! That's a great picture of you guys. Is that you next to Jason? Cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY GOSH! I just love a good breakfast recipe : ). Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This reminds me, I'm hungry :)

    That looks soooo yummy. My mom makes this awesome sausage/egg casserole.

    You look like you're having fun. You know I luv Jason right? I agree with cortney, Jason got off easy (that doesn't sound right).

    Next time if he brings bacon insist he bring wine with it. It will be easier to forgive him later :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wait, Wait, Wait my dear!!! What exactly is scientific sausage???????

    PS, you are tagged!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad Tasty Tuesday is back! Do you deliver?

    ReplyDelete