Thursday, November 20, 2008

Merry Thanksgivoween

Someone sent this to me in an email last week, and it, quite frankly, sums up the way I feel about the holidays these days. Don't get me wrong, I do like Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas, but what's the deal with it arriving earlier and earlier every year? Yesterday we stopped at the Citadel Outlet Mall for lunch on the way home from the conference in San Diego. Walking back to the car we heard Christmas music playing. YES, that's right, Christmas music on November 18th! It's not even Thanksgiving yet PLUS it's still 90 degrees outside. It's just too early and I'm so not in the mood yet.

6 comments:

  1. That drives me bonkers, too!

    Christmas card, music and other seasonal items should not be allowed to be played or sold or displayed until the day after Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lurve Christmas, but it shouldn't start until after Thanksgiving. It gets me too excited too early when I see all the snowmen in the stores. Gosh, I'm pathetic

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you, but from the retail industry, they've had that merchandise in the store since August, and guess what? forget New Years, they have a boatload of Valentine stuff that arrived this month and no where to put it. I used to be an Area Manager for a retail chain and the crap is shoved down our throats months in advance. And, next year's stuff has basically been purchased by the buyers....

    But it's not just the stores, I've seen houses all decked out already! Sad, so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are right, I cannot deny. BUT I am actually really getting in the mood for Xmas. I guess it's because I am hosting it and superexcited and all. Thansgiving is at my parents which is awesome but my mind is already on everything I am going to do. BUT I am enjoying each day and NOT rushing, I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know I love a holiday, but it is hard to get in the spirit of things when it's 90 degrees. You are so right about that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It bothers me too. I mean, seriously, what is the rush? I don't get it. I really don't get it!

    I also can NOT believe that it is 90 degrees there. It is SO cold here. 20's I think. I am coming to visit!

    ReplyDelete