Last week I held Book Club and this was the dessert I made. It comes from a Southern Living party I went to a few years ago. It is probably the easiest desert ever and is always a hit.
Easy Cherry Cobbler
2 cans cherry pie filling (any fruit works great)
2 sticks of butter (melted)
1 package white cake mix (not Jiffy)
2/3 cup water
1. Spread cherry pie filling into the bottom of a 9x12 baking dish.
2. Pour 2/3 cup water over the pie filling.
3. Sprinkle the cake mix over the top of the filling.
4. Pour butter evenly over the top of the cake mix.
5. Bake in oven for about 45 minutes, until top is golden brown.
6. Let set for 10-15 minutes.
7. While still warm, serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Being the host, I forgot to take a picture of it when it came out of the oven or when it was served. This was what was left after everyone left. It's funny how food that has already been partly eaten doesn't look quite as appetizing as it does before everyone digs in. But I promise you that it is very, very good, even if looks like a big mess in the picture.
VHS Tape Transfers
7 minutes ago