This post was copied from Happy Wife and it's a Christmas quiz. I love quizzes, so here we go.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I like wrapping paper and a real pretty bow. If I have time, I make it fancy. When I don't have time, a bag is real easy.
2. Real tree or artificial? Awwww, this answer has always, up until last year, been real. I grew up with real trees. Real trees, real tress, real trees! After a couple of years having to bring home my own real tree, put up my own real tree, keep my own real tree alive, and cleaning up after my own real tree, I now have a fake tree. It sure is easy; Not a good smelling, but easy.
3. When do you put up your tree? When I put one up it's usually the weekend after Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take it down? By December 26, I am so sick of all the stuff, it comes down on the 26. One time I even took it down and put everything away on Christmas night.
5. Do you like eggnog? No
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I'm the only child so I got a lot of good gifts. It's hard to say which was the most favorite, but I loved my Big Wheel, my blue ten speed bike, the doll house my dad built, and my first stereo (with record player).
7. Worst Christmas gift ever received? There's been a lot crap, but it's the thought that counts, right?
8. Hardest person to buy for? I have a hard time with most of the adults I buy for. I find as adults, we don't casually comment, "Oh I wish someone would buy me a _____." That makes it difficult to buy gifts.
9. Easiest person to buy for? Because of #8, I have resorted to gift cards for most of my main gifts. I know they are not super personal, but I know I like to receive them. They are much easier.
10. Do you have a nativity scene? I grew up with one, that I played with every year. I do not have one now.
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? I make AND mail my Christmas cards.
12. Favorite Christmas movie? "Charlie Brown Christmas" and "A Christmas Story".
13. When do you start Christmas shopping? I'm on the earlier side, Thanksgiving weekend.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I don't think so.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Hanukkah brisket - when I lived back East I often spent Hanukkah with some friends of mine. Their aunt made the most delicious brisket. When I moved back to CA I brought the recipe with me and told my dad he had to try it. We now have it every year for Christmas too.
16. Lights on the tree? The new fake tree has the lights build right in.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Good King Wenceslas and another song that I can't figure out the name of it for the life of me.
18. Travel or stay home? This year I'm traveling, but I'd prefer to stay home.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes - "You know Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen, Comet, and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen, but do you recalllllllll, the most fa-mous reindeer of ALLLLL? Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer"
20. Angel or star? Star
21. Open presents Christmas morning or eve? In my family, the kids always got to open one present (parent's choice) on Christmas Eve. The rest on Christmas morning, after letting my parents sleep until at least 7:00.
22. Favorite ornament theme or color? My parents bought me an ornament every year. After I started riding horses when I was about 6, my ornaments were always rocking horses. I have all those ornaments now. I have a mishmash of themes, but mostly rocking horses. Someday I will a do a tree of just rocking horses. Wouldn't that be pretty?
23. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Inconsiderate people, but that's annoying any time of year.
24. What do you want for Christmas this year? Since becoming independently wealthy is probably not something I will get this year, I would say change. My job, my state, my country, my world is in bad shape right now. I'd like things to get better sooner than later.
Now it's your turn!
Happy Holidays Everyone!