Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Tasty Tuesday


Today's TT is in honor of Barack Obama who, in a couple of hours, will be our nation's new President. My students and I will be watching the inauguration ceremony this morning and this is the first time I think that I am looking forward to it. He's got a tough road ahead of him, but I am hoping for the best.
I first tried this week's Tasty Tuesday at a friends house a couple of years ago. Book club was at her house that evening and she ordered pizzas, pastas, and salads from an Italian restaurant in town. All of the food was very good, but this pizza was outstanding. I made a mental note of all the flavors I tasted and tried to recreate it at home. This is what I came up with. SlĂ inte!

Pear Gorgonzola Pizza
Ingredients
1 round pizza dough (I use Trader Joes)
1 splash extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
1-2 bartlett pears, peeled and thinly sliced
2 tbsp gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
1-2 cups mozzarella cheese
red pepper flakes (to taste)

Instructions
Preheat oven to 450 degrees (or according to pizza dough directions)
1. Prepare dough onto sprayed pizza pan according to dough directions.
2. Rub olive oil and spread crushed garlic onto dough.
3. Place pears onto dough in a single layer.
4. Sprinkle gorgonzola cheese over the pears.
5. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the top.
6. Add red pepper flakes to taste, to add a bit of spice.
7. Bake pizza at 450 degrees for about 10 minutes, or until crust and cheese has browned a bit.
8. Let set up for about 5 minutes before cutting into slices.


Simple AND delicious!

7 comments:

  1. This made me want pizza. Right this second! And it's early....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pizza any time of day....breakfast of course is my favorite...seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need a recipe side bar so I can easily find them. Printable format would be nice too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did my interview : ). It came up kind of wierd though underneath the fruit kabobs. If you wonder where it is : ). How did your class like the inaguration?

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mouth is seriously watering.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am salivating. This looks delicious and there is a magical relationship between pears and gorgonzola.

    ReplyDelete