This week’s Saturday 9 questions…
1. Have you ever watched something unfold, that as you watched, you could not believe what you've witnessed? Not really wanting to start the post on a negative, but watching what has been going down at my school over the last year or so is pretty frightening. On a larger scale – I’m fascinated that our city’s high speed police chases are always televised live. Those are usually unbelievable.
2. What is your favorite city in the world? Why? This answer depends on the day because pretty much any city I’ve been to is my favorite city for one reason or another. In the US – Boston and San Francisco are faves. Elsewhere…I’m a big fan of Italy and just adore Venice for its uniqueness and Florence for the art history. I’ve also had lots of fun in London and Cape Town.
3. What is the strangest film, to your sense of reality, that you have ever seen? Clockwork Orange was weird!
4. It seems that the older that you get, the less you want the hassle of seeing a live concert. Who is an artist or a band that you'd actually pay to see? I will suffer through traffic and crowds for the Dave Matthews Band, in fact we just got tix for their September show in Irvine. I would also like to see U2 live at least once before I/they die. For some reason or another I’ve never been able to get tickets. During their last tour, my friend Mike was going with a group of people and one of them ended up not being able to go. His ticket was offered to me! Finally, I would see them! Then Bono went and hurt his back, and the tour was postponed. The previous ticket holder was able to attend the new date. Denied again!
5. When was the last time that you lost your temper? I don’t know, probably driving in the fast lane behind someone going SLOW!
6. When you were little, did you think "sex" was a bad word? I didn’t even know what it was when I was little. These days we have kindergarteners talking about it.
7. What does your smart phone do that really surprised you when you loaded the app? My bank now has an app that let’s me deposit checks simply by taking a photo of the front and back of the check and sending it in through the app. The deposit, if done before 11:00 PM is put into my account that day. I may never have to go to the bank again.
8. Have you ever been attracted to someone that you should not have been? Yah, that’s pretty much my M.O.
9. Will you see the new "The Three Stooges" film? No
And how about you?