I like this week’s Saturday 9 questions. They were kind of fun to answer.
1. How do you feel when you realize that an impasse will cause a relationship (any type) to end? At first it’s sad and disappointing, but the bright side - moving on is usually what is best. If the issue causing the impasse is big enough to get to that point, staying in the relationship is probably more toxic than good. With that being said, agreeing to disagree on certain things shouldn’t necessarily end a relationship. It would be boring if two people agreed on everything all the time…what fun would that be.
2. You’re planning a trip that would be an eight-hour car ride, a four-hour train ride, or a two-hour plane ride. With money and time being no object, which would you most likely choose and why? I think road trips are fun and the freedom to stop whenever you want is a plus. Also, I like being able to pack more when traveling by car…always room for a few more things in the trunk which isn’t an option on the train or plane. I’ve not done much traveling on a train to have an opinion, but my experience has been that train travel is actually slower than the car. Planes are necessary evils in my book – there is nothing good about flying. If I could travel abroad by car, I would prefer that.
3. What is your ideal past time on a lazy summer’s day? It depends on the temperature. If it’s early summer and not too hot, a walk or some shopping at the farmer’s market is relaxing. If it is hot, then staying inside with the air conditioning on is a good choice, a trip to the pool with a book, or maybe a drive towards the beach where it tends to be cooler.
4. Name a CD you own that no one else on your friends list does. Hmmm, my musical tastes are very eclectic. I will listen to just about anything but country music. However I do own an old school Creedence Clearwater Revival (CCR) CD. My dad was a fan while I was growing up, and they grew on me. It’s a good CD to turn up loud and dance around the house.
5. What's a wish of yours? I wish that giving up caffeine didn’t make me feel like I was going to die. Seriously, I don’t know. It seems fruitless to have wishes, hopes seem more realistic.
6. What is something you’re going to do a lot of this week? STANDARDIZED TESTING
7. Is there someone you wish would just fall off the face of this earth? Oh my god, yes! There is just one. I literally HID behind a wall today to keep from having to interact with this person who I am allowing to break my heart and make me miserable almost every-single-day. Oh, can I change my wish answer?
8. What did you do last night? I walked the dog, had dinner out with a friend having drama, and then came home and fell asleep on the couch. So exciting.
9. Where is the next place you'd like to go on vacation? As a matter of fact, a trip to Turkey may be in the works. But really, a trip anywhere sounds great.
What about you?