This weeks Saturday 9…
1) Do noisy storms scare you? Yes, but in a good way. We don’t have them too often, but I love listening to them as long as I’m home and under the covers.
2) Whom do you consider one of today's most beautiful women? Well duh, ME! Just kidding. I have no idea; it’s such a subjective question.
3) What should you be doing, instead of answering these questions? Since it’s late, sleeping I guess.
4) What's the most recent addition to your spam folder? Awhile back I spent some time going through all my emails and stopping subscriptions, blocking junk, etc. Since, I’ve had very few junk emails in my box. I might get one or two unsolicited emails, and most of those are from “no sender”. So I’m not really sure what they are for. Delete!
5) What was the last thing you cooked? Most of the time it’s just me, so I cook a couple of things at the beginning of the week and then eat them for lunch and dinner the rest of the week. Tuesday, I made chicken/lemon skewers on the grill and a Greek salad and had it Wednesday and Thursday.
6) Do you remember the lyrics to either your high school or college fight song? If so, please share a bit. No, we were (and they still are) the politically incorrect Indians. There might have been a song, but what I do remember is we’d wave our fingers or hand in the air in a pretend tomahawk and chant some Native American-sounding song.
7) What's the derivation of your first name? I actually wrote a post a couple of years ago about this very question. In fact, my name doesn’t really have one that I can find. If someone knows differently I’d love to hear it.
8) Are you following the NBA or NHL this year? If so, which team are you rooting for? I am a Kings hockey fan, however this year’s strike rubbed me the wrong way. It’s funny how these million-dollar players can be part of a union, ask for more money/rights, and strike and no one seems to care. The games are selling out – business as usual. Teachers do it, and we are the single-handedly bringing down the US economy.
Anyhow, the Stanley Cup winners of 2012 are 0-3 in the first three games of the shortened season. So I’m begrudgingly a fan right now.
9) Gloves, umbrellas, sunglasses, keys -- which of these do you misplace most often? Since I’m not in need of gloves too often, they are what I misplace most. I don’t have a regular spot for them so I just put them here or there and then can’t remember where they are when I need them.
Since the Connecticut school shootings, I’ve
irrationally decided keeping my classroom doors locked makes me feel more secure. A few times now, I’ve been caught outside the locked door with students but without my keys. I always know where they are, I just don’t always have them with me.
And just for fun…
Takes them a bit to get going, but they’re in their prime starting at about 2:00. Made my Friday.
Enjoy your Saturday!