Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sexy Appliances

As mentioned in a previous post my vacuum cleaner broke a couple weeks ago when I foolishly tried to clean my house without the supervision of my housekeeper. Who knows when she's coming back and I had dirty floors, so I had to find a new vacuum. I did some research online and asked some friends for recommendations. I have a dog and needed something that was good at sucking up dog hair. The Dyson commercials make it sound like it's the best thing out there, but my research seemed to prove quite the opposite. After a few days of looking around, I found the Sunpentown. "The what?" you ask. Yes that's right the Sunpentown; Not to be confused with Supentown and Supertown which was how I numerously tried to look it up on google. Well Sunpentown is a local (LA) small appliance company that makes one and only one vacuum. The reviews are very good and it's red (my favorite color) so I bought it. I received it from the company the next day! I opened up the box, put it together, and I have to tell you that this vacuum is HAWT!. It is candy-apple red and sparkly. It's like a sports car vacuum.


I told Jason from the Jason Show about my new purchase and after some dirty comments about vacuums (yes, he can turn anything into something dirty), he told me that his brother-in-law just purchased a red washer and dryer. He said that they are amazing and called them "sexy". It's true, these red appliances are sexy. My vacuum is sexy. I've been vacuuming all week because I just like looking at it. Some day I want to have a house full of sexy, red appliances.

14 comments:

  1. The only red applicance I have is a Kitchen Aid mixer, but you're right - there is something sexy about red appliances. I would totally buy a red washer and dryer if I thought I could get away with breaking our current ones without my husband noticing. =) meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. You lost me when you said you put it together. And, there isn't a vacuum in that world that I would call sexy. It's the one thing I hate, vacuuming. I will wash windows, clean bathrooms, and mow the lawn first.
    It is pretty though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have also found a lot of stuff saying that the Dyson wasn't all it was cracked up to be, but they do make pink ones...Wish they actually worked just for the opportunity for a pink vacuum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need a new vacume. I never heard of the kind you got, but when I finally go buy one, I will look for that. Can you get them at retail stores or only by ordering from the company?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Come on over and use your sexy vaccuum at my house!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meghan - I think that's an excellent idea! I also have a red mixer and I love it.

    GJ - I am the exact opposite, cleaning bathrooms, yuck!

    Holly - We girls are so silly about our pretty colored things. They are fun!

    Rebeckah - I wasn't able to find it at a retail store, but it's all over on line.

    Jlo - I'm on my way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You portray me as such a nasty boy. Therefore, I have no comment about your sexy vacuum.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Apple/Tree thing going on here, because it's also the one chore I hate ....

    drive that pretty thing over here, she can have an Indy 500 of clean-up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jason - I know you love it and you know that's what I love about you!

    HSH - You're next after JLo

    ReplyDelete
  10. My iPod is sexy red! I find it VERY hard to believe that our pure, innocent Jason could ever even conceive a thought that was anything less than saintly.


    LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am envisioning a commercial for this to the tune of that country song "she thinks my vacuum's sexy..." & me doing the robot to it (ha ha)

    Red appliances are soo cool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Do you have a red dishwasher? I do! I had to special order the door...but it's RED! And I would have gotten the red washer and dryer but they only had white when I got mine 5 years ago....bummer!

    I sympathize....I haven't had a paycheck since June 14....but I have already purchased 20 sets of markers, 20 composition books, 20 folders, 20 plastic book bags and I still am waiting for scissors to go on sale so I can buy them too...not to mention the shoes I just bought too! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have a sexy red kitchen aide. I must say that I never feel sexy when I cook with it.

    ReplyDelete