I was tagged by Karen over at For the Love of Pete to do a meme. I am supposed to tell you about 6 quirks that I have. It will be difficult to narrow it down to 6. I am pretty quirky.
1. I don't do pictures. I love to take pictures, but I prefer to stay behind the camera. In fact, if I see a camera in someone else's hand I get nervous and have to leave the immediate area in fear that I might be caught on camera.
2. I hate, HATE mayonaise. I can't smell it, look at it, or even listen to it. My mom tells a story about the one and only time she had morning sickness when she was pregnant with me. She was making sandwiches for lunch and on those sandwiches she put mayo. That did it. Even from the womb, mayonaise disgusted me. BLECH!
3. I sleep with 4 pillows. When I was little I had bad allergies and asthma and it would get so bad at night time that I would weeze. My parents would stack my pillows so I could sleep sitting up which made it easier for me to breathe. Years and years later, I still sleep with 4 pillows stacked up around me and find it very difficult to sleep without them.
4. My bra and underwear must match. It doesn't matter if anyone else will see them or not. It's just important to me.
5. I love art and the act of being creative, but I don't like to share what I do. I was even accepted to art school in San Francisco, but the process of applying and then thinking about going having to show others my work freaked me out so much that I decided not to go. Instead I majored in business and then later education.
6. I love to talk, but I don't like to talk on the phone. I am a multi-tasker and it's hard to do more than one thing when you have to hold the phone to your ear. I have gotten past that a bit since July 1 when CA law requires that I buy a headset to use in the car. My bluetooth headset allows me to walk around my house and do other things while I talk on the phone. But I still find myself sitting down after awhile and just talking otherwise I don't pay attention to the person on the phone. It's funny too, because when I was growing up my parents and I always laughed at one of my grandmas who didn't like to talk on the phone either. One time I called her on her birthday and this was the conversation...
Me: Hi Grandam, it's Kim.
Grandma: Hi there, how are you?
Me: I'm fine, I just wanted to wish you a happy birthday.
Grandma: Thank you.
Me: Your welcome.
Grandma: Alright, thanks for calling.
Seriously, it was less than 30 seconds. That's my kind of call.
OK, now I tag...
Cortney at Cortney Chronicles because she was recently concussed.
Grandma J at Ask Grandma J because she's a riot and I can't wait to hear about her quirks.
Heart Shaped Hedges because she's had a 5 year milestone.
JLo at Almost Famous because she was able to spot porn from two lanes away.
Jason from The Jason Show because he's the man who got me into the mess in the first place.
Twenty Four At Heart because she writes great posts about Money Town and anyone who sneaks alcohol in water bottles is a good egg in my book.
Live. Love. Eat. because she invited me to her martini party and her food posts are delicious.
So, tag, you're it! (If you've already been tagged, oh well, you are again!)
And now for the rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Mention the rules on your blog. (Here they are.)
3. Tell about six unspectacular quirks of yours.
4. Tag six fellow bloggers by linking them.
5. Leave a comment on each of the six blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged.
the friday 56
1 hour ago