1. When was the last time that you asked for your money back? I don’t usually ask for my money back. I will return things that don’t work out with the required receipt, but never for bad service or consumable items like food. Sometimes I’ve thought about it in my head, but I’m usually too chicken to do anything about it. When I worked as a server and bartender, customers would eat or drink their entire order and then complain that it wasn’t very good. I’d think, “Well, why’d you eat it all then!?!”
2. What was the last thing that you did to help someone? I help little people ALL DAY LONG, so that’s probably not a fair question. I worked with a colleague yesterday afternoon helping her understand a phonics program that we are implementing. But that probably doesn’t count either.
3. At what point in your life do you think you started to understand who you are? I don’t know when it was exactly, but being pretty self aware has been one of my strong suits for quite some time. I know the strengths and weaknesses of my personality and my triggers and what makes me tick…do I always take appropriate steps because of that awareness? No way, but knowing is half the battle I guess.
4. Are there times when you thought you had taken a fall, only to discover more about yourself? Oh, sure.
5. What was the last thing you did where you could not believe in what you were doing? When philosophies changed over the last 1.5 – 2 years at my previous school, I had a hard time standing behind those changes.
6. Do you think that you must struggle to become strong? Depending on how you handle struggles, they can make you stronger, but I don’t necessarily think that in order to have strength there must be a struggle.
7. Do you feel that your dreams have meaning or are entirely random? I don’t have dreams too often, or at least I don’t remember them very often. When I do, they are just silly so I hope they don’t mean anything.
8. What was the last promise you broke? I try very hard to keep promises…nothing is coming to mind in the recent past.
9. Do you collect anything? Not in the true sense of a collection. I have many many shoes, art supplies, and books. But that probably stems more from hoarding tendencies than collecting.
What about you?