I made this as an appetizer for last weekend's Super Bowl. This is a regular staple in my appetizer repertoire an it's always a hit, plus it's super easy! Slàinte!
Mexican Cheese Dip
4 cups shredded Mexican cheese
1 cup mayonnaise
1 small can diced green chilies
dash of garlic powder
1 small can chopped olives
2 chopped tomatoes
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
1. In a large bowl, stir cheese, mayo, chilies, and garlic powder until mixed thoroughly.
2. Add 1/2 can of olives to mixture. Save remaining olives for later.
3. Spread mixture into baking dish.
4. Bake at 400 degrees until cheese is melted and just bubbling, about 15 minutes.
5. Sprinkle chopped tomatoes and remaining olives over the top.
6. Serve with tortilla chips.
Sorry the picture is a little blurry because I was being knocked aside by football fans pushing and shoving to get to this dish. Before leaving, I wrote the recipe down for 3 other people. I promise you, it will be a hit!
Note: I know many of you are thinking, "I thought she didn't like mayonnaise?" That's right, I don't! I can't think about it too hard, but because it's all cooked up, I can't tell it's in the dip. The worse part is scooping it out of the jar into the bowl. My 1 cup measurement is always a bit skewed because I look away and sing really loud to myself so I don't have to see it or hear it. Once it's cooked up though, you never know it's there!
Run Forrest Run!
3 hours ago