This time I had a different plan of attack. Instead of doing one chair, start to finish, at a time, I did one step on the remaining three chairs at a time.
Here's the before and after...
I bought this dining set about 3 years ago. It is beautiful and I've used it to sit and have dinner with company a total of about 5 times. However, they were FILTHY! All the cushions looked like they have been spilled, spit, and sh%& on. Granted they were off-white; Very pretty, but off-white. So I needed to do something.
Here are my trusty tools. I spent last Saturday asking everyone I could think of if they owned a staple gun. No one did. Before going out to buy one, I stopped in a tool box my dad had made for me to get out the tape measure and low and behold, I HAD ONE!
After unscrewing 8 screws per cushion, I removed the cushion from the chair. Please notice the million staples that I had to remove with a screwdriver and pliers. That was just firs layer. After removing the black mesh cover, I then had to unstaple the piping which was a whole other layer.
Here is what was removed from ONE CHAIR! Look at all those staples. I left the last layer of material on, not wanting to remove anymore staples.
After taking out a million staples, I then had to put in a million more around the new fabric.
Then a million more around the black mesh cover.
Two days later. Here is the finished product. It was dark and the flash was making the photos a bit distorted. The chairs look pink, but they really aren't they are a light and dark wine color.