Some fresh vegies sounded really good last weekend. These bowls can be made with any vegetables you like. I didn’t add them this time, but next time I will add water chestnuts too. Slainte!
3 quarts chicken broth (or vegetable)
1 pound linguini
1.5 pounds chicken breast, cut into small pieces
8 scallions, cut into small pieces
2 cups shredded carrots
2 cups broccoli florets, cut into small pieces
1/2 pound snow peas, cut in half
chopped cilantro (to top bowls)
1. Bring broth to boil in a soup pot.
2. In another pot, cook pasta until almost tender, drain. The pasta will cook more in the bowls.
3. Share pasta amongst 4 deep bowls.
4. Add chicken to boiling broth and poach for about 5 minutes.
5. Add raw vegetables to the bowls of pasta.
6. Spoon broth/chicken into the bowls, covering the vegetables and pasta.
7. Cover bowls tightly with a small plate to steep for about 5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
8. Add cilantro to soup as a garnish.
My picture came out a little blurry. I must have been really excited to start slurping my noodle bowl!