- I saw the movie “Valentine’s Day” yesterday; Ya know, the one with all the movie stars in it. It was an ok film, but the experience was overshadowed by theatre crowd of about 90% preteens and teenagers. I might have enjoyed it more had I been able to follow along over the talking and shouting and yelling and clapping that took place during most of the movie. The evening reminded me of why I think teenagers should be shipped off somewhere far, far away so they don’t bother the rest of us.
- “I don’t understand why Cupid was chosen to represent Valentine’s Day. When I think about romance, the last thing on my mind is a short, chubby toddler coming at me with a weapon.”
- Unknown Quote
- I was curious about the origin of the Os and Xs as symbols for hugs and kisses. I was unable to find any real information on where they came from.
- Speaking of Xs and Os, this month’s GPP Street Team Challenge was to create an image using Xs and Os as the centerpiece.
- Valentine’s Day is kind of a funny, made up “holiday” isn’t it? Whether you are single or in a relationship, it’s a holiday that has all sorts of pressure attached to it. This year it’s on Sunday. I like that. I don’t ever do anything on Sundays – it’s my day of rest. So I can do nothing and not feel like too much of a loser. Are you doing anything special for V-day?
Happy Valentine’s Day!