Since the first two weeks of April were part of my spring break, I was able to work in the art room and get a lot of projects completed.
For the calendar challenge over at The Kathryn Wheel, I tried a new calendar layout. Instead of cutting out squares for each day of the week, I masked the squares and then worked over them. Once the background was completed, I removed the masks and the white squares remained.As I mentioned last time, I’m having trouble getting the squares large enough without covering up too much of the background. I like the look of these, but they were WAY too small! I have too much to say. I started working on May’s calendar this afternoon and have resigned myself to just making larger days and not worrying too much about my background.
My favorite part of spring break, other than the sleep, was uninterrupted time to play in the art room. And that’s just what I did.
Pages from my art journal.