I’ve been waiting all week for a new Saturday 9 questionnaire. How nice to be posting from under the covers on a lazy Saturday morning. Here we go…
1. Have you ever had a romantic breakup that was easy? All but one were fairly easy and amicable. Just one was bad…very, very bad.
2. When was the first time that you felt betrayed? Hmmm, the first time? See above, probably not the first… but definitely the worst.
3. Do you feel religious beliefs should have a role in politics? NO FREAKING WAY!
4. Are you doing anything special this weekend? First and foremost, sleeping in! Also have plans tonight with a wonderful friend. Then, I’ve GOT to finish my report cards since parent/teacher conferences are this week.
5. Oreo cookies turned 100 years old this week. How do YOU eat an Oreo? I don’t.
6. If you could change something about yourself, what would it be? After certain events (see #1) I escaped into my career and put every ounce of my being into it. I’ve become quite good at what I do, but I often wonder if it was at the expense of other things…no, I know it was at the expense of other things. I wish I hadn’t done that.
7. Describe a time when you should have tried harder. Hmmm, I put a lot of effort into most things I’m involved in, I’m just wired that way. But I guess I’d have to say high school. In classes I liked, I did well. In classes I didn’t like, I did what I needed to do to pass. In the big picture, those classes didn’t make or break my success, but I know it wasn’t my best work.
8. What is your favorite baseball-related movie? Tie – “Bull Durham” and “Major League”…although saw “Moneyball” a few months ago, and it was entertaining.
9. What is one lesson you have learned in the past year? Just keep your mouth shut! Some battles simply get to the point where they are too hard to fight and not worth losing your sanity over.