This week’s Saturday 9…
1. In romance, have you ever been stuck in the middle with someone? I don’t think I even know what that means, so I’ll have to say no.
2. Which current commercial is the most annoying to you on TV or radio? The nice thing about DVR…fast forwarding through the commercials. Although being off this past week, I’ve had the afternoon news on a few times which I watched live. The ASPCA commercials are heart-wrenching, make me burst into tears and leave the room. It’s a wonder why I don’t have a house full of dogs and cats after watching those.
3. What do you think is the most difficult task when it comes to Spring cleaning? The cleaning :)
4. What area is your expertise in? I don’t know if I’m an expert in anything. There’s always something new to learn.
5. Have you ever bumped into a former lover and found out they were now gay or straight depending on your relationship with them? No, but I’ve known two women who’ve been married to someone who came out after the marriage. Both women said it was so so difficult, even more so than if they were cheated on with another woman. I find that surprising. Being cheated on is so awful because the cheater chose to be with someone else. Not being biologically compatible seems very different to me. But, that’s just my take as I’ve not had the experience…as far as I know.
6. When was the last time that you got stabbed in the back? Um, yesterday as a matter of fact. A work stab is even worse when you are on vacation.
7. For a few years in a row, you receive a nice tax refund: do you make an adjustment with your payroll deduction so they’ll take less, or do you leave it that way so that you can continue to receive the big check every spring? In my early work years my dad always said, “Don’t let the government take that money from you. They are earning interest on your money. You should be earning interest on your money.” That is true in theory, but I know I would spend that small extra amount on a monthly basis, so the forced savings is wonderful. Getting that check (or direct deposit more recently) is wonderful. It goes right into savings as a big chunk which, for me, is harder to spend.
8. Do you remember the most naughty night of your life? No comment
9. How would you handle yourself if you were regularly in the press and tabloids? That is a topical question as just yesterday I went to the Grove with some friends to do some shopping and see Hunger Games. Every time I go there, I see someone famous. Yesterday was no exception. We saw Gordon Ramsay, who is opening up a new restaurant at the Grove, with his family. He’s not even that famous, but the paparazzi were waiting for him. They were inches away from him, sticking a camera in his face. He and his family just walked along trying to ignore it. I would probably die. I don’t even like to have my picture taken by my family and friends. I can’t even imagine that kind of life and having every move I made (good or bad) documented on film.