Today is the first day of my three-week spring break. I can’t believe I’m up already! This week’s Saturday 9 is challenging? We’ll see how it goes!
1. When was the last time that you went out dancing? Some friends and I went dancing after dinner and a concert in September. I love it! I’d go every weekend if I could, but since I don’t I just dance around the house.
2. Have you ever had an argument with a teacher?
Not really, I’ve always been a rule follower and just did what I was told in school. Once, when I was a sophomore in high school, my chemistry teacher sent me to get an absent excusal (because I missed school to go to a funeral) from the office and then accused me of ditching class. I was mortified. He even called my dad! However, I stood my ground and, with my friends behind me, convinced him that he was wrong.
3. Do you have a tough time remembering people’s names? No, I’m pretty good with names.
I have this friend who, while in college, had some very wealthy friends. Every time I would go visit him at school one of them would always introduce himself to me and tell me it was nice to meet me. Every single time! After awhile I would look at him funny and say, “I know, I’ve met you like 20 times already dude.” Maybe he had problem with his memory, but it always made me feel like he didn’t think I was worth remembering.
4. Would you rather change your past or know your future? I could probably make an argument for both and for neither. The way it is is fine with me.
5. What’s one thing you feel you must do in your life before it ends? Live in another country.
6. How many credit cards do you have right now that have a zero balance? I only have one credit card. It’s a mileage card that I use for everything. It always has a balance on it because I always use it, but I pay the bill, in full, every month. One of these days I’m flying to Europe in business class.
7. What is the most expensive thing you purchased this year? I’d have to say my shutters.
8 . If you're married, this probably doesn't apply to you, but: Are you mindful about getting tested for STDs/HIV at least semi-regularly? Why/why not? Married people: Were you mindful about this type of thing when you were single? Why/why not? Sure, but let’s just say I’m also mindful of taking measures to not catch them in the first place.
9. If you could ask the president of the United States one question, what would it be? WHY? (while gesturing with my hands wildly) Oh, and just to be clear, it would be a Democrat’s “why”, not a Republican’s.