Pasta With Vodka Sauce
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 cup vodka
1 cup chicken stock
1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup heavy cream
12 ounces pasta – I use penne or ziti
20 basil leaves – chopped
1. Start pasta water boiling.
2. Add oil, butter, and garlic to a pan over medium/high heat. Saute garlic until soft, but not brown.
3. Add vodka to pan. Reduce by half – about 3 minutes.
4. Add stock and tomatoes. Bring to boil and then reduce to simmer for about 10 minutes.
5. Cook pasta while sauce simmers. Drain
6. Stir cream in sauce. Bring to bubble and then remove from heat.
7. Toss pasta and sauce with the basil leaves.
8. Enjoy with some parmesan cheese.